New grad, rural health offer

Hey everyone, thanks in advance for your feedback. 

I have an offer for a rural primary care position as a new grad. I went to a primary care heavy PA school that mainly focused on rural primary care. I spent a total of 12 weeks at this site during school for my primary care rotation so I am very familiar with the staff, patient load, patient population, office, etc. 

Offer details: 

4 shifts of 10 hours per week 

100K salary with bonus for wRVU billed over 3500 per year at 30$ per RVU with no cap (PA knows all wRVU billed)

Occurence coverage

4 weeks PTO, not accrued. 9 holidays, 1 week CME paid with $1,500 allowance

Full benefits which from talking with PA at the location are not great but not terrible.

401K with 4% match

All licensing, fees, etc paid including professional subscriptions

One call weekend per quarter - paid

Sign on bonus 10K

NHSC approved site with likely 50K loan repayment per 2 year contract

Pros -  Great salary and potential with bonus structure. PA that is leaving currently making 135K seeing 20 pts per day. Loan repayment possibility. Benefits/PTO/401K

Cons - 1 hour from current home each way, although little to no traffic. No MD on site during my work days, available by phone at all times, works 20 minutes away although I will have a full month training period at full pay with him prior to starting solo. (Again our program was very rural primary care focused and I spent 12 weeks here and felt comfortable so I feel a little better about this and the 1 month training period.)

No negotiations yet..

Thanks

I'm going to be a new grad soon, but this offer sounds pretty good!  Will there be any other providers at the clinic you will be at that have some experience?  If not, then you'll probably have some difficult times starting out with the on sight support, but that doesn't mean you should not take the job.

Also, could the 1 hour commute be decreased by you moving closer to work?  Sounds obvious, but you stated the commute as a con.

There are multiple speciality providers that rotate through the clinic on given weeks, cardiology 2x per month, OBGYN 2x per month, Ortho 2x per month but no other PA or MD onsite when I am there. I was lucky in that I spent 6 weeks in cardiology, 6 weeks in endocrinology, and 6 weeks in urgent care/ER at a military hospital which as a student I was given basically free range on all patients with minimal oversight. I have about 4 years of orthopedics experience prior to PA school and spent a year working in nutrition (my undergrad degree). Yes, we will plan to move closer, but likely only about 15 minutes as most of my family lives in the town we live in an the rural town only has about 800 people and not much to do!

Thanks for the reply!

Archived