2016-2017 Applicants

I was offered an interview last year. I called the department after receiving the rejection to ask if they could share how I can improve. They directed me to send an email to an account they have, which then produced a generic response stating they do not provide specific information as to why the decision for acceptance/rejection was made.

However, my guess is that it was due to HCE hours. I applied last year meeting the minimum with only 500 hours, and those I was interviewing with had far more.

I'm assuming you applied this year also. Is this your first year? Good luck to you as well!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Good luck with interviews! Prepare as best you can and try to stay relaxed! Remember if you made it this far they know you have what it takes so don't repeat a lot of what is in your application. You have to set yourself apart from the rest so talk about what they don't already know unless asked a specific question on something in regards to your application.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

I didn't receive acceptance last year until the 18th. Finals are all next week so you may not here anything until after the 15th due to professors and administrators may be busy with those. But that may not be the case. No news may be good news, I believe they sent rejection letters first. Good luck!

Some in the area received certified letters. I never received a rejection letter when others were so when acceptance letters started going out I still hasn't heard any news so I emailed them asking for any updates. I then received an email of the acceptance letter and was told I would be receiving a certified letter soon in which I did a week later. I also live in Florida so that may make a difference on why mine wasn't as soon as others from the surrounding areas. I received an email on 12/18 of last year and letter a week later. Hope this helps.

Archived