CALIFORNIA: Southern California University of Health Sciences

Do you know if the interview was panel style, or one on one? Any major questions you can remember about the interview format, or any additional documentation to bring?

One-on-one interview style with a PA-C or MD. It was informal and I felt relaxed during the questions. They're really interested in why you chose the PA profession and what your thoughts on integrative medicine are. Good luck! PM me if you have more questions!

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I interviewed on December 15th. Still waiting to hear back. They stated we should hear back by or around mid-February!

- Mike

Hey Mike, Last year they said they would get back to us in May, however, when I started to look at these forums people were already receiving their acceptance calls mid-late April. I am thinking maybe they will do the same this time around! Good luck, by the way!

Hello! Congratulations and good luck to all that interviewed. Does anyone know if they are planning more interview dates? I submitted my application around July 6th and this is one of the last two programs that I am waiting to hear from. From reading their website and these posts, I feel like they have concluded their interview process at this point.

Thanks!

-Isabel

I think they had interviews this week but not sure if they will have more. From what it seems like, they have been telling the ones that have been interviewed that mid February is the time they will start announcing. You shoukd call and ask them! i do not think that will hurt.

Hey guys! I just had my interview on February 8th. There were two separate one on one interviews (both of mine were PAs/faculty). One interview focused on integrative medicine and the other was more about the interviewer getting to know you as an individual. Overall, very relaxed and almost conversational. The interviews were followed by a tour of the school. They told us that we would hear back by March. If anyone has any specific questions, feel free to message me - hope this helps!

Akrenner0991, sorry to hear that. If you don't mind me asking, how did they contact you, via email or phone call? Again sorry to hear the news and good luck with the rest of your applications.

Hey Laker,

Sorry, I should be more precise- I got a rejection for an interview via email..That's okay, my heart is set on Clarkson ;) 

Good luck to you!!!

Has anyone heard any acceptance notifications yet? I know they said mid Feb through early March.

I have a friend who had his interview on the last day and he said that SCUHS will notify the ones who were accepted starting March 1st. He has his interview around couple weeks ago. Good luck to everyone! The suspense is killing me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a friend who had his interview on the last day and he said that SCUHS will notify the ones who were accepted starting March 1st. He has his interview around couple weeks ago. Good luck to everyone! The suspense is killing me!

Thanks!! So strange since so many people who interviewed in Feb/March heard mid to late Feb and def by March 1. I guess we all just have to keep being patient...

What was the last day of interviews?

Thanks!! So strange since so many people who interviewed in Feb/March heard mid to late Feb and def by March 1. I guess we all just have to keep being patient...

What was the last day of interviews?

I am not too sure. I want to say Feb 6 or Feb 13, however, I had my interview early Jan. and they told us mid Feb. is when we will hear back. So I am assuming anytime now...I hope!

I interviewed on January 19 and they said they hoped to send out notifications starting mid February, however the director made it sound that more than likely it was going to be the first week of March. Knowing this, I'm still answer answering calls from numbers that I don't know thinking it might be them . Good everyone.

I interviewed on January 19 and they said they hoped to send out notifications starting mid February, however the director made it sound that more than likely it was going to be the first week of March. Knowing this, I'm still answer answering calls from numbers that I don't know thinking it might be them . Good everyone.

Laker1,

I hear you. They were telling us they wanted a class by the first week of March. Well, good luck to everyone.

Does anyone know if they will be sending out updates of acceptances through email or phone?

Tw_pa,

I am assuming they will call for acceptance. Last year they sent emails for the ones who were declined a seat. Yet, I could be wrong. I check my email constantly and have my phone on loud when I can.

Congrats!! Oh gosh I'm so nervous 

Thank you but I'm not counting it as official until I actually speak to someone. They left me a message to return the call to the academic coordinator, so I left her a message. I was in the kitchen making breakfast...so frustrating! 

Archived