FLORIDA - Florida State University

Hi there!

I've been keeping an eye out for this thread to be created so I figured I would get the ball rolling!

I submitted to FSU on August 9th and received an email from them on August 30th stating my application had been sent to the admissions committee for review. Interviews will begin in January 2017. As a Seminole alum, I look forward to hearing both from the program and any other hopeful applicants! :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just contacted the office and it appears they have over 200 (forgot the actual number) verified applications and over 700 unverified applications. They should be sending interview invites out around Decembet/January and it will be by Mail/Email.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

• 2 months later...

If they are anything like USF, they will not even start reviewing or sending out invites until after the ARC-PA meeting in January to determine the if the program is granted provisional accreditation.  So do not worry if you haven't heard anything. 

I believe that some people have already interviewed and have gotten accepted at USF. Hopefully, we all will hear something soon from FSU either way!

USF got their provisional accreditation in October, and that's when they start acceptoing applications and sending interview invites.  They cannot review applications or send out invites until the provisional status in granted.  The ARC-PA meeting regard FSU's status is not until January.

• 2 weeks later...

Current events such as those affecting the PA professional, how the affordable care act affects PAs and their roles in it. Types of questions would be the general ones like why do you want this? why this school? thinking of experiences to go along with these questions as well. After my first interview I got the book "how to ace the PA school interview" which I highly recommend. It gets you thinking of all these questions and is a great tool to help you prepare. My two scenarios that I had for my mmi was taking a stand on an issue and giving a convincing argument as to why I chose that side (ex medical marijuana) and being able to hold your own during the interview. Hope that helps!

• 3 weeks later...

I sent an email last night and received this response this morning:

Good Morning,

I will be sending out additional information before the interview that will include directions and where to park.  You will receive a parking pass for the day when you arrive...

• 2 weeks later...

Archived