Getting to Quinnipiac University's North Haven Campus

You would have to take it to New Haven, and then get 15 minute taxi there. Most likely, driving makes a lot more sense in terms of both time and cost effectiveness. Obviously, this depends on where you are coming from. But as a CT local, I can not think of a location where the Amtrak would be the most efficient way to get there.

You would have to take it to New Haven, and then get 15 minute taxi there. Most likely, driving makes a lot more sense in terms of both time and cost effectiveness. Obviously, this depends on where you are coming from. But as a CT local, I can not think of a location where the Amtrak would be the most efficient way to get there.

Thank you so much!

I am coming from another state. 

Would Wallingford station be an option too? 

Agree with above.  The North Haven campus is quite a distance from Union Station in New Haven, which would be your closest train stop.  Your best bets if you can't drive directly would be a cab (Metro Taxi is the biggest local company) or Uber.  Zipcar also has vehicles located at Union Station; might be another option if you'd prefer your own vehicle.

Thank you so much!

I am coming from another state. 

Would Wallingford station be an option too? 

It is closer geographically, but is a far smaller station is a small town, so you will have fewer public transit options to get from the train station to the campus.  You would still need to figure out how to get from the station to the university.

I'm not sure what direction you're coming from, but Wallingford is only served by Amtrak; New Haven has the Metro North commuter rail running between there and NYC, which would give you more flexibility for train times if you were connecting through NY.

Archived