Those of you who have interviewed or know more about the program, what is unique or sets the school apart from others? Why is it your first choice? I've gotten in to a program closer to home, but I'm interested to interview at UTHSCSA still if it offers something more than I can get closer to home.

I was accepted to UTHSCSA and another program this year and I was waitlisted at UTHSCSA last year. What set UTHSCSA apart from all the other PA schools I interviewed at was their unity. Professors and staff knew all of the PA students by their first and last name and you could tell they want all of their students to succeed. Their 100% pass rate was also a huge plus, and their dedication to underserved communities like the one I am from was another plus. Every program has its own "personality" and when you interview and meet students at that program you will just know if you are a right fit for that program.

Goodluck to everyone still waiting to hear back for an acceptance or an interview!

If you want to be a PA and it doesn't work out this year, keep trying. Don't be discouraged to try again!

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just received an interview invite for 09-05-2016. I am so lucky. This is a great program. I am concerned though. It seems like a lot of seats have been extended already. Anyone know how many have interviewed thus far? I tried counting all those accepted on here, but what does that even really tell you?  

Could you clarify your interview date? September 5th doesn't seem like the right date you meant to put... 

I just received an interview invite for 12-05-2016. I am so lucky. This is a great program. I am concerned though. It seems like a lot of seats have been extended already. Anyone know how many have interviewed thus far? I tried counting all those accepted on here, but what does that even really tell you?

They have had two interview sessions so far. There are 35 interviewees each session for a total of 140. They are accepting 45 students this year. I believe they only make a few acceptances after each interview so I think maybe less than half the class has been accepted. However, I'm sure people have multiple acceptances so I wouldn't worry too much. Plus, they do pull off the waitlist, from what I've heard.

They have had two interview sessions so far. There are 35 interviewees each session for a total of 140. They are accepting 45 students this year. I believe they only make a few acceptances after each interview so I think maybe less than half the class has been accepted. However, I'm sure people have multiple acceptances so I wouldn't worry too much. Plus, they do pull off the waitlist, from what I've heard.

Thank you, I really appreciate the advice. I have to make some tough decisions about what interviews to attend.

To those that have been accepted already, any advice on how to prep and prepare for the interview? I really want to ace the interview but I'm so nervous! Any help would be appreciated!!

I know a lot of people of probably tired of hearing this (I know I was) but for this interview in particular there is absolutely nothing you can do to prep for it. Trust me. What I can tell you is that they want you to stick to answering the question without going off on a tangent. Don't let your nervousness show and do your best to answer the question to the best of your ability. Good luck!

The process is not looking for a formulated response. The response is looking at how you are as an individual and how you handle curveballs thrown your way. As a medical provider, life does not present as the textbook presentation. If a patient presents in the ER with chest pain you can't be like "ohhh sorry, today is about GI, that is what I studied. Come back tomorrow when I review angina and heart failure."

There is online research on MMI, but it does not give you much insight into what UTHSCSA's interview will be like. Just be well rested, relaxed, and you. All the school wants to see is you and if you fit into what we are looking for. Never try to be someone you are not. That is the best advice I can give you.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived