• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey. Would someone be able to answer my question. I am sorta confused because when I contacted them about my application status they said interviews do not begin until November, but as I can see above many have already been accepted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey. Would someone be able to answer my question. I am sorta confused because when I contacted them about my application status they said interviews do not begin until November, but as I can see above many have already been accepted.

Hmm that's really strange. Last year, I was in the last interview group, and my interview was on November 21st. This year, I was in the first interview group on October 10th. So from what I know, they generally interview applicants in October and November.

I hope this clarifies things.

Anyone that's facebook fancy want to start a facebook group?

I was just thinking about that too because I'm so ready to meet everyone who's been accepted so far! But I also was wondering if maybe the school will create one themselves? That way the group is certainly composed of accepted applicants?

I was just thinking about that too because I'm so ready to meet everyone who's been accepted so far! But I also was wondering if maybe the school will create one themselves? That way the group is certainly composed of accepted applicants?

I don't think they do. From looking back at old forums someone usually starts it, I'm not sure if that changes eventually though :)

Hmm that's really strange. Last year, I was in the last interview group, and my interview was on November 21st. This year, I was in the first interview group on October 10th. So from what I know, they generally interview applicants in October and November.

I hope this clarifies things.

Last interview was December of last year and should be the same this year.

Those of you who have interviewed or know more about the program, what is unique or sets the school apart from others? Why is it your first choice? I've gotten in to a program closer to home, but I'm interested to interview at UTHSCSA still if it offers something more than I can get closer to home.

Those of you who have interviewed or know more about the program, what is unique or sets the school apart from others? Why is it your first choice? I've gotten in to a program closer to home, but I'm interested to interview at UTHSCSA still if it offers something more than I can get closer to home.

Hi Small_e,

I am unable to compare UTHSCSA because you haven't given much detail about your accepted program/location, but I will tell you why UTHSCSA is my first choice.

First off, it checks all of the boxes I look for in a program: 100% pance rate, long tenured faculty and an established academic curriculum. More importantly, their mission, vision, goal and objectives, all align greatly with me and why I have a desire to enter the PA profession. They are looking for students who will become leaders in the community by serving those most in need (rural and undeserved regions).  They also put a big emphasis on training students to enter primary care, which is why they dedicate eight rotations to the "primary care clinical core".

Finally, all the students I spoke with during interview had nothing but high praise for the faculty and staff, and made it feel like they are one big family.

Best of luck!

Along with everything that gcox87 said, they also limit their class size 45-50 students. From what I saw in the interviews the students knew each other pretty well and were closer than any other program I have interviewed in. The diversity in the class also is a main point that I would highlight and the fact that they require a heavy background in the sciences. 

Good luck!

In addition to gcox87 and AGPA92, the faculty’s interest in you not only as an aspiring PA but as a person is pretty palpable, I’d say, from their interview style (MMI) to the personal phone call you get when you are accepted.

The students are really close-knit. They knew each other’s stories and were always lifting each other up. They’re also real and honest when talking to them about their experiences.

I really like that the PA students participate in anatomy dissections. I have interviewed at four other PA programs, and none of them offered this.

Finally, UTHSCSA is a health science center, so being around other health professional students is really appealing. I know medical students there who are friends with PA students, and I believe we'll have some classes with OT/PT students. Because PAs are all about team-based care, I think this facet is unique and important.

At the end of the day, UTHSCSA is an all-around excellent program. If you’ve been offered an interview and are interested, I highly recommend you going and seeing for yourself!

Archived