General Biology Prerequisite?

Hello !

I am interested in applying to the NOVA-Davie campus next cycle. Their general biology prerequisite states that General Biology (or Zoology) including lab - 4 semester hours is preferred. My current college does not offer a course that is labeled "General Biology". I am assuming they want the first of the sequence of General Biology for science majors? Several of the PA schools in Florida and surrounding states have the same prerequisite and I want to make sure that I have the correct course planned. The following biology courses are offered at my college. 

- Biology 180 (Cell and Molecular Biology): Course Description:

Designed for the major in the biological sciences and pre-health profession majors. Emphasizing central concepts of biology, including biochemistry, cell biology, membrane dynamics, molecular genetics, classical genetics, and biotechnology. 

- Biology 185 (Diversity of Organisms):Course Description:

An introduction to the evolution, ecology, physiology, anatomy, and life history of all major groups of organisms, including bacteria, archaea, fungi, plants, animals, other eukaryotes, and viruses. Students also develop their scientific experimentation skills, including statistical data analysis and writing.

Can everyone shed some light on what general biology course they had on their transcript that correlates with this prerequisite when applying to the NOVA campuses? Thank you in advanced !

Archived