Virginia: EVMS 2016-2017 cycle

I just looked back at last year's thread.  Apparently, they sent out rejection emails to those who would not be receiving an interview invite before any invitation emails were sent.  So for those of us that did not get an email today, no email could be a good sign!  There should be two more waves of invitations sent.  I'm guessing the next ones won't go out until Monday, but of course I'll still check my email 500 times before then. 

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The next wave should go in 72 hours, and if you miss the cut for interviews you will get a rejection email at that time. I was told I just missed the interviews so after the waves went is when I was told. Fingers crossed ladies and gents!

Are they sending out the invites based on alphabetical order? Or based on application submission date? 

Are they sending out the invites based on alphabetical order? Or based on application submission date? 

My guess is the first wave are the most competitive applicants.  That's probably why they give the 72 hours before sending out invites to applicants who may have been scored lower by the review committee. 

As far as my stats, my graduate GPA was 3.94, over 3000 hours with my CNA, and neuropsychological testing at an Army hospital. I will say though, that I had a terrible year in undergraduate and I'm hoping it was my upward trend that landed me an interview. Fingers crossed for those that are still waiting to hear something.

Does anyone from last year know how soon they let you know if you got in or not? Is it a quick turn around?

My friend that currently goes to EVMS said she found out two days after she interviewed but other people found out one week later so I think it just depends on admissions - overall seems to be a pretty quick turn around!

No that should be fine. Due date was March 1st to have everything in and verified.

Awesome...thank you for the word of confidence. Truly appreciate it. I haven't heard anything yet too, just keep on holding my fingers crossed and praying...[emoji15] [emoji27]

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Archived