Virginia: EVMS 2016-2017 cycle

14 hours ago, Vdesai5 said:

For those of you accepted, congrats!!

Do you mind sharing stats? 

Did you interview? If so, I really don't think they were worried about stats afterward. They really tried to get to know you as a person and wanted to know your intentions and goals in the profession. 

These were my stats when I applied last year: Overall GPA- 3.11; Replacement GPA- 3.8; Pre-Req GPA- 3.9; PCH- 3,500; Volunteer Hours- 350.

With that said, I truly believe that being able to articulate how my experiences have shaped and prepared me or PA school, and the profession itself, outweighed my lower GPA. 

I am so excited for all who have been accepted! To those still waiting, I will be sending a prayer and wishing you luck! 

For those who did not get in, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE DO NOT GIVE UP!!! 

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

GPA 3.8, replacement GPA 4.0
PCE 2500 + hours , HCE 500+ hours, shadowed 3 PA's 300+ hours total, volunteer 3000+ hours

LOR's - 2 PA's, PT (my supervisor), Exercise Physiologist (my supervisor)

My PCE hours came from being a PT tech and MA (primary care).

I agree with jmtam, the application does play a huge role in getting the interview itself. Once you are at the interview they are trying to get to know YOU!! I was accepted at another school as well and it was the same thing, the application got me the interview, but showing who I was and my love for the profession got me the spot.

My advice, be the best you can be. Do NOT give up on your dream. Keep moving forward and stay positive. Also, when a school gives stats on their competitive applicant, try to be that but better and then your chances at getting an interview increases.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am blessed to announce that I got in too! We are going to be PAs!! I received my email yesterday afternoon. I look forward to meeting my classmates in January!! 

To those still waiting, stay strong. No matter the outcome remember how hard you've worked so far and keep going!! Good luck!! 

On ‎7‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 6:39 PM, Vdesai5 said:

Sure!

Undergrad 3.5  Replacement  3.66 Prereq 3.73

3500 PCE hours from being a CNA and a clinic assistant

1000 hours volunteer

Involved in lots of committees and groups at the hospital where I work

This was my second time applying, the first time I didn't get an interview.

Don't give up!!!

No not yet... maybe tomorrow? I think they said within 72 hours of acceptance (likely business hours). Seats went out on Friday afternoon at around this time. Guess they could still come today!

I spoke with them yesterday and they said within a week. So hopefully today or tomorrow.

1 minute ago, jmtam said:

Yayyy congrats!!! See you in January!

Thank you!!! I'm pretty stoked to say the least! :) 

I also live in VB so if anyone has any questions about the area or anything at all, I'll do my best to help out as much as I can. 

And to everyone still waiting to hear something, just be patient and have faith! 

2 minutes ago, Artichoke said:

What time did they call you? Congradulations!

About 0930... I was just clocking out from a rough night shift, so I felt like I was a tad in shock/brain dead when I was talking to Lauren (?). 

She made it seem like they're still filling seats though! 

Hi All.  Was anyone a second time applicant to EVMS that was accepted this year, meaning went through the interview process previously, but not accepted in the first cycle??  Thanks.

Yes, this was my third time applying AND third time interviewing and I finally got in!!!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 9/12/2017 at 3:25 PM, shea09 said:

Has anyone been activated off the waitlist yet??

I'm in the class of 2019. We had someone get in from the waitlist literally a week before classes started. I think of 84 we had 9 come in off the waitlist, most of those in the fall. So don't hold your breath if you're on the waitlist, but don't give up hope either.

• 8 months later...
On 6/12/2017 at 2:25 PM, mscon said:

I'm local-ish! I live in Yorktown ? It's nice to see another local on this thread. Good luck on your interview! I'm interviewing on Friday.

@mscon  Just thought I would drop in and see if you started at EVMS in January? I'm also in Yorktown and interviewing this coming weekend! 

Archived