NEW JERSEY: Kean University

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

thank you everyone for your answers! how confident are they about receiving accreditation?

Based on what they told us (first interview group) the accreditation committee keeps the information completely secret. They wouldn't give Kean any inclination on whether they were set to pass or not. Basically, it seems like a 50/50 chance. They anticipate having a better idea of the results near the time of the accreditation review in March so its a waiting game for now Hoping for the best.

Hi Everyone!

I was just contacted the other day for an interview on Dec 12th! If anyone else did too, let me know! I live in New Jersey so I went to their info session back in August/September and the staff and faculty seemed really nice and hopeful that they'll gain the accreditation.

To those who had their interviews already, how did it go? And also, are there any tips you may be able to share - like your thoughts about their set up, how you felt your interview went, if you've heard back from them yet?

Thanks and good luck to everyone!

How did the itnerview go. i just heard back from them and I have mine Feb 2, 2017. I am trying to prepare because I am really bad at interviews. I was wondering what did you have to write about and what questions did they ask you ? Please and thank you

I'm just gonna jump in here and say that's not an appropriate question to ask. Prepare as best you can and be yourself. There was nothing that threw us off, expect any of the standard questions.

• 3 weeks later...

I have an interview next weekend (surprise email) but I was never able to visit. For those who did, what was your impression regarding the facilities, faculty you met, etc? As a new program did you feel there were big questions looming (especially in regards to what you saw during your visit).

BTW I took Med Term at UNE. The content was good, and there are "rolling" admissions so one starts every week if I remember. The professor was extremely lax in his responses/times I was constantly talking with the administrative people to get my questions answered. The quizzes are computerized so it is likely you could get marked wrong for a right answer, so be vigilant there.

Thanks! Congrats to those accepted

I have an interview next weekend (surprise email) but I was never able to visit. For those who did, what was your impression regarding the facilities, faculty you met, etc? As a new program did you feel there were big questions looming (especially in regards to what you saw during your visit).

BTW I took Med Term at UNE. The content was good, and there are "rolling" admissions so one starts every week if I remember. The professor was extremely lax in his responses/times I was constantly talking with the administrative people to get my questions answered. The quizzes are computerized so it is likely you could get marked wrong for a right answer, so be vigilant there.

Thanks! Congrats to those accepted

The faculty was extremely enthusiastic about the program and overall nice, genuine, and friendly. The facilities are brand new (as it is placed in Kean's newest building). They have a moc doctors office and lab which is very modernized and looks great. My only fear is that they may not get accredited but if they do (as a P.A pointed out to me) they will go above and beyond to deliver the best education because as a new program they will be under a microscope and want to do nothing but go above and beyond to impress.

I liked it. Definitely left with a good impression. The staff was super nice and I felt they know what they're doing and are invested into the profession. Obviously risky due to it being the first class if accredited and there will be kinks to work out, but I think it'll be a successful program.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I heard someone say they aren't getting accredited because they don't have clinical sites - can anyone confirm this? If this is true, with all the programs in the area there is no realistic hope of them ever fixing this.

That is correct, they are not getting accredited this year. However, i would expect them to reapply since you could tell the school invested a lot of money into the brand new building and stim labs. I also thought the professors I met during my interview were really great (and are carrying over all this expertise from Cornell PA). Wishing them best of luck

Archived