2017 SUNY Downstate PA Application Cycle (Applying 2016)

Mine says the same as you @rosie41 

I hope it means something good, but I am wondering, what does it mean?

Does it mean it was sent to the Admissions then the PA Committee, and the PA committee has now forawrded the interview decision to the admissions committee for final review which will yield a call to us in the upcoming weeks?

@Rosie41 yeah it's kind of like a check and balance think I believe because sometimes PA department wants some students but they don't make the final the decision I think the admission committee does.

It said application sent to committee, Now it says forwarded to admisssions comittee for review.

So I don't know if the first committee is the same as the admission committee, or if it is with the PA committee first 

Because even in our mail boxes, when you forward something that is after you received it so hope to me I would take it is 

They recieved it, and currently now forwarding their decision.

hi! i am a student at SUNY Downstate PA program. guys do not worry-interviews have not started yet! good luck to all!

Thanks for coming on and putting us at ease. Do you mind sharing what your stats were when you applied?

Sent from my SM-G920T1 using Tapatalk

Have no idea when interviews starts but I feel like it definetly has to start sometime next week, if not definitely first week February, up until late April, mid May. 

Based off, what I have seen from previous forums.

Hi, new to the forum, I am also a re-applicant.

Has anyone interviewed yet and has anyone heard back about acceptance as of yet? Interviews started later this year compared to last year. Growing anxious.

Best wishes to everyone applying and awaiting interviews as well.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Farahjules21
      Just thought I start a thread for the upcoming class for any questions and comments.
      Good luck everyone =)
    • By PA-Student
      Just looking for any insight.

I am currently accepted into 3 PA programs and am having a hard time choosing between programs. Below are what my options look like. I am wondering what factors I should focus my attention towards.
      Currently, I am leaning toward SUNY Upstate because of the graduation rate (98.4) and the attrition rate (2.2%). Next is DeSales with a grad rate of (93 to 95%) and attrition rate (6.7%). 

Here is the table!

1. Should I weigh the attrition rate very strongly when choosing? I will be away from my fiancé as she completes her own PA program and have a feeling that I should choose a program that won’t dismiss me if I have a slight setback.

2. I graduate undergrad May 14th from New Mexico. Should my start date be a major factor? With Quinnipiac, I would have a short time to get my affairs in order. While with Desales, I have a few months.

3. SUNY tries to put all clinical rotations in 1 semi-rural facility. Each student has their own facility. Should this be looked at as a negative trait, or does 1 site allow me to do more around the facility? Would this lack of different sites hurt me from finding jobs across the nation?

​4. I am a young African American male. Are there areas in these communities I should avoid? This is a silly question due to the fact that your personality determines who you are and how people treat you, but I am just keeping an open mind.

I know this seems kind of ridiculous to ask on a forum and should be a personal choice, but I just want as many perspectives as possible from those who are familiar with the career. My goal is to simply become a great provider for my patients and not go crazy trying to make this choice.  This community has helped me so much throughout my academic career. Any insight helps. Thank you!

P.S. If you see any incorrect information on this table, feel free to correct me! No offense information about PA programs please. If there is a severely negative aspect, you can email me because I still want to hear it J
    • By JayMan
      Hey. I know it's too early to apply to SUNY's PA program. Figured I would get this going for all of us who are planning to apply this year
      Let's do this!
    • By apoll
      Hey guys! I applied here this year... has anyone heard from them yet? Good luck to everyone!

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More