emzemt713

2017 SUNY Downstate PA Application Cycle (Applying 2016)

Congratulations

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you!

I got my acceptance email this morning! Approx 2 weeks after my interview. I'm so excited! I applied twice before.. don't ever give up!!! :)

• Upvote 2

Awesome Nic16

I also go my acceptance email this morning exactly 2 weeks after my interview. This is my 4th time applying.

• Upvote 1

Did you get an interview?

I think they should be up until end of April

Any other news? Acceptances? Does anyone know when letters go out for those who have yet to hear something?

I still haven't heard back from them and I believe classes start in three weeks..

I got a call from admission and got accepted from the alternate list today!

Congrats!! I am an accepted student and the Dean informed us today that they will be accepting 5 more applicants to increase our current class size from 40 to 45. They have plans to further increase the class size to 60 in the future. Welcome and congrats!!

• Upvote 1

Hello everyone,

I am new to this forum. I will be applying to SUNY Downstate next year. How recent were you non clinical hours that they require? Mine were from 2014-2015. Should I do more recent hours? I have 520 hours so far but I am concerned that by the time I apply they may consider them outdated.

Question for the accepted students:

Did any of you retake any pre-reqs because of a low grade? If so, do they accept the higher grade or do they average both the high and low grade?

Question for the accepted students:

Did any of you retake any pre-reqs because of a low grade? If so, do they accept the higher grade or do they average both the high and low grade?

I believe they take the highest one for students in those positions. But not every program does that some average it in. Best thing is to go to the information session to ask questions you need clarity on, or if you can't call admissions.

All the best!

• Upvote 1

I believe they take the highest one for students in those positions. But not every program does that some average it in. Best thing is to go to the information session to ask questions you need clarity on, or if you can't call admissions.

All the best!

Thank you for getting back to me. I will definitely  be attending the info session. Are you a current student?  If so can you give me your opinion on the program?

• Upvote 1

For those of you that went for the interview, If its okay to share, what was the essay on and what requirements did it have. And what was the interview process like?

On 4/6/2017 at 2:54 PM, Leviep said:

Awesome Nic16

I also go my acceptance email this morning exactly 2 weeks after my interview. This is my 4th time applying.

Hi do you know the reasons that you were denied ? 

• Upvote 1