2017 SUNY Downstate PA Application Cycle (Applying 2016)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I got a call from admission and got accepted from the alternate list today!

Congrats!! I am an accepted student and the Dean informed us today that they will be accepting 5 more applicants to increase our current class size from 40 to 45. They have plans to further increase the class size to 60 in the future. Welcome and congrats!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone,

I am new to this forum. I will be applying to SUNY Downstate next year. How recent were you non clinical hours that they require? Mine were from 2014-2015. Should I do more recent hours? I have 520 hours so far but I am concerned that by the time I apply they may consider them outdated.

Question for the accepted students:

Did any of you retake any pre-reqs because of a low grade? If so, do they accept the higher grade or do they average both the high and low grade?

I believe they take the highest one for students in those positions. But not every program does that some average it in. Best thing is to go to the information session to ask questions you need clarity on, or if you can't call admissions.

All the best!

• Upvote 1

I believe they take the highest one for students in those positions. But not every program does that some average it in. Best thing is to go to the information session to ask questions you need clarity on, or if you can't call admissions.

All the best!

Thank you for getting back to me. I will definitely  be attending the info session. Are you a current student?  If so can you give me your opinion on the program?

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 years later...