2016-2017 Application Cycle (Class of 2019)

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I did not get an email from Wayne State today.  I am probably going to be giving them a call tomorrow to see if they send out another wave of interview invites.

This is the first time I've applied, but I'm extremely on edge because I figured I would have gotten an invite from the first cycle of interview invitations given my numbers:  3.98 post-bacc GPA -- used the last 60 credits waiver -- 3.90+ pGPA, approximately 60 credits of post-bacc work, original undergraduate GPA of 3.69, GRE verbal 162, GRE quantitative 156, GRE writing 5.0, four letters of recommendation, 50+ hours of documented health care experience, 3000+ hours of health care experience (albeit as a physical therapy aide, which is obviously not top notch HCE).  If I don't even get an interview this cycle, I'm not sure what I can even do to improve my application outside of retaking statistics (which I had an A- in over ten years ago; there is no time limit at wayne state for this) and retaking my GRE (which is already well above average for this program).

Is it possible that I haven't yet gotten a response because I my application was received and verified only a week before the deadline?  I'm trying to calm myself down here.  I'm 99.9% that there is nothing on my application that would disqualify me as an application, and I'm 99.9% sure that the quantitative parts of my application would put me above the average applicant.  Thoughts?

Thanks, guys. 

Spoke with the college this morning regarding invites. They said they are currently in the process of reviewing applications and are sending out invites and rejections one at a time. Based on this, I'd have to guess that I haven't heard anything yet (aside from the email I received early September) specifically because my application was finished and verified a few days before the September 1st deadline.

Fingers crossed for now.

You're stats are better than mine! My undergraduate GPA was a cumulative 3.57 and science 3.43. However, I was in my university's Honors College. My GRE scores were 155 verbal and 156 quantitative, 4.5 analytical. I have around 2000 patient contact hours as a Phlebotomist/Pathology Assistant in pediatrics and emergency (which from calling schools seems to be a second tier HCE experience). I have around 400 patient contact hours volunteer wise and volunteered to be a cadaver lab assistant this past year (Winter 2016 semester). I was in a sorority, held a couple leadership positions, and have presented at a couple conferences. I received my interview invitation on October 5th. I'd stay calm. I was an in-state applicant. Are you applying from out of state?

I am an in-state applicant. Graduated from UM 2007, went back in 2013 to do prerequisites for PT school at Wayne State. Applied to PT school at Wayne and was accepted (would have started this year), but decided that a career in medicine would be more fulfilling.

I suppose it's possible that I haven't heard anything yet because they review applications in the order they were received (application was completed August 24th or so and finally verified August 28th or so) but I'm still nervous because I haven't heard anything and I think there are a limited number of invites.

Archived