IOWA: St. Ambrose University 2016-2017

Has anyone from recent interviews heard about their acceptance? I know they will have final decisions made by the 1st of January. From what I've read, contact about acceptance has been made fairly quickly after the interview.

I haven't heard anything yet! I also read the turn-around time has been fairly quick... I've been refreshing my emails like crazy! @cdennehey, when did you interview?

The way I understand they are only choosing a few people after each interview. The rest of us will not find out until January first! I interviewed on November 18th and they have only accepted like a few people from that day and everyone else is still waiting.

I interviewed this past Monday, December 5th. I thought it went fairly well overall. I'm assuming that if I don't hear something by the end of the day today that I'll probably get waitlisted. Then again, it is roughly finals time, so meetings regarding the incoming class may have been put on hold.

@FrenchieBee2018 Where were you placed on the wait list? Obviously the chances are better the higher up you are and I'm curious to know where you were placed.

@FrenchieBee2018 Where were you placed on the wait list? Obviously the chances are better the higher up you are and I'm curious to know where you were placed.

I was third on the wait list. From what I understand, they took 5 people off the waitlist for my class. The waitlist is 30 people, I believe. 

As I understand, they have completed interviews. This is different than last year where they spread them out through January. I'd like to think that they'll try and let you know before Christmas but we complete finals on Wednesday and will be on break until Jan 9. g

Waiting is the hardest part, but hang in there! It was lovely meeting some of you in the tours! Very impressive groups! 

Congratulations! I'm going to hope they send one to me today as well. My heart skipped a little when I saw your post and probably will until I know something.

@Jen137

I interviewed the 5th and haven't heard. I'm in the same boat as you. This is my number one and I am hoping for some good news. Thankfully, I was at least accepted at another school. For personal reasons, Ambrose is my number one though.