CASPA 2016-2017 applicants

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi everyone,

I have a question for this application cycle. It says CASPA 2016-2017 applicants, so students who are admitted during this cycle, when will they start their program  and when will they graduate? (be specific: which semster/year?)

I am asking because I am considering to apply to Tri-C Pa program for Fall 2018 but the school told me that the application cycle for that term is closed. 

Hi everyone,

I have a question for this application cycle. It says CASPA 2016-2017 applicants, so students who are admitted during this cycle, when will they start their program  and when will they graduate? (be specific: which semster/year?)

I am asking because I am considering to apply to Tri-C Pa program for Fall 2018 but the school told me that the application cycle for that term is closed. 

The program starts I believe in August 2017 and you graduate in Fall 2019. 

They probably told you so because 2017-2018 cycle has not started yet and registration is closed for all schools. 

Hi guys! I too have been anxiously checking my email every day since the beginning of 2017 to see if there were any updates. I called the tri c pa program phone number today and the lady who answered said it probably be another month (not sure if she meant when interview selection emails would be sent out or when interviews would be conducted ). I'm leaning towards thinking she meant another month until emails are sent out for interviews. She said that they have all the applications but they need dean approval to proceed. sorry if that was vague , but it was all the information I could gather. So it looks like we have even longer to wait ...

• 3 weeks later...

Just got e-mail from them

Dear Physician Assistant Program Applicants:

Cuyahoga Community College today is announcing its intention to appeal a decision by the Accreditation Review Commission on Education for the Physician Assistant (ARC-PA) to withdraw accreditation from Tri-C’s Physician Assistant (PA) program. The commission’s accreditation decision is pending the College’s appeal.

We do not believe that the ARC-PA review reflected the quality of the program and the success of our graduates. The commission’s findings primarily dealt with program staffing and the collection, retention and reporting of data for assessment. The College has worked to fill staff vacancies, including a new program director, and is working to solidify our data management practices.

While we remain confident in the quality of the program, we are suspending the PA program application process until the conclusion of the appeal process.

Please visit www.tri-c.edu/programs/physician-assistant for frequently asked questions and updated information on this matter.

Dan McDermott

Associate Dean, Health Careers

Cuyahoga Community College

Western Campus

11000 Pleasant Valley Road

Parma, OH  44130

So, we out for now...

Even though I withdrew my application, I just received the following rejection e-mail...So is it purely accreditation based? I'm confused.

Thank you for your interest in the Cuyahoga Community College/Cleveland State University Physician Assistant Program. We appreciate the time and effort you took to apply to the program. This e-mail is to notify applicants that the 2016-2017 CASPA admission cycle for the Tri-C/CSU PA program is complete. We had a highly competitive year and received many qualified applications.  You have not been selected to continue in our process. 

The same situation happened couple of years ago, but with the nursing program. Was about to lose accreditation because of the teaching staff didn't meet all requirements. I know one person who received a rejection e-mail, but not the one about suspending the program.  

When they were in the nursing program, or for this current issue?

Will there still be a program for this year or it's not guaranteed?

Any input would be appreciated

If they apeal the ARC-PA decision then I assume there will still be a program. But if they don't then there won't be one.

I'm pretty sure there is no program this year even if the appeals process moves forward through the summer. Please know that it does not reflect any of you that applied and your worth as a candidate for PA school, it was out of your hands. Caspa just reopened, I hope you all reapply and continue the quest to become a PA. I was on the wait list last year and now the program is suspended this year, just know that there are others in a similar situation and your not alone in being upset. We all must move forward and be concerned about next cycle. I wish you all nothing but the best and my heart goes out to all.

Anthony Demetro

Hi everyone. I talked to someone from the program on the phone. It seems that if the program does win the appeal there will no program starting in the fall or even in the spring. It seemed like if it wins the appeal, it will probably start again next fall. They did not know yet if they would honor the applicants from this cycle in this or not.

Its hard for me not to feel discouraged, I work full time and have been taking prerequisites specifically for this program for the past three years. I do not even know if any other PA program accepts online prerequisites. They didn't have an answer to why I didn't receive an email about the program suspension rather than possible computer oversight. I guess all we can do now is hope for the best that the program wins its appeal. From what I read from an article is that the appeal would happen this summer and by August it most likely would be public if they won or not.

Archived