CASPA 2016-2017 applicants

Thank you for your interest in the Cuyahoga Community College/Cleveland State University Physician Assistant Program. We appreciate the time and effort you took to apply to the program. This e-mail is to notify applicants that the 2016-2017 CASPA cycle for the Tri-C/CSU PA program is complete.  We had a highly competitive year and received many qualified applications.  You have not been selected to continue in our process.

If you received the above email, clearly you did not get accepted to the program.  It states that the admission cycle is complete and  "You have not been selected to continue in our process."

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree, I got email about suspension, but not the one about rejection, and I know a friend who got rejection one, but not the suspension one. The next day after CASPA reopened application process I transferred all my data towards 2017/18 cycle and when I was choosing schools there were no Tri-C listed. However, there is an option which gives you future programs and Tri-C was there shaded like waiting for something. So, I told my wife that there is something going on with accreditation for sure and next day I got that email about suspension of the program.

We still have a chance, and if they already decided who they want to call for an interview then it shouldn't take long time for them to go through all candidates. I'm pretty sure the list of applicants much shorter now compare to what it was after due date. I personally know 3 persons who got accepted to different programs ans starting soon. They also applied to Tri-C, but got lucky with other programs. I know a guy who is in the program now (we worked together) and he had his interview in the middle of last Summer for Tri-C, he got in. There are still possibilities for all of us to start the program this year.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

That's what I think too. Like possibly they will be able to apply for re-accreditation in spring 2019 then maybe the application cycle will reopen in fall 2019? Here is something else I found on the website. 

Accreditation Status

ARC-PA has accepted the voluntary withdrawal of the Tri-C PA Program from the ARC-PA accreditation process. Effective December 21, 2018, ARC-PA shall withdraw accreditation from the Tri-C PA Program. Subject to fulfillment of various obligations, the Tri-C PA Program will remain accredited on probation through December 21, 2018. The Tri-C PA Program will not accept any new students for enrollment. Specific questions regarding the Tri-C PA Program and its plans should be directed to the Program Director and/or Dr. Vivian Yates.

Archived