CASPA 2016-2017 applicants

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes Bc of staff change, and they are ensuring current students are in clinical rotations. It's a good thing. They are taking care of current students and trying to make a seamless transition. It's better than knowing interviews started and not being invited

Hey guys! I'm a current student at Tri-C CSU currently in my second semester. I was in the same position last year. They took a while to send interviews but that's just how they do it every year. I was offered an interview, interviewed, and was offered a seat into the program within the week. Once you hear from them, it goes by pretty fast! There are several changes being made in the program (new director, new clinical coordinator, clinical site changes, etc. and there are very positive things to come in the near future). There have been little road bumps, but what program doesn't have those? I am more than willing to answer any questions anyone has. 

Hey guys! I'm a current student at Tri-C CSU currently in my second semester. I was in the same position last year. They took a while to send interviews but that's just how they do it every year. I was offered an interview, interviewed, and was offered a seat into the program within the week. Once you hear from them, it goes by pretty fast! There are several changes being made in the program (new director, new clinical coordinator, clinical site changes, etc. and there are very positive things to come in the near future). There have been little road bumps, but what program doesn't have those? I am more than willing to answer any questions anyone has. 

Thanks! What would you say are some of the strengths/weakness of the program? What is a typical day like?

Thanks! What would you say are some of the strengths/weakness of the program? What is a typical day like?

There are a lot of strengths! We haven't had any Friday classes yet which is GREAT. The amount of material presented to you is pretty overwhelming so it's nice to have the weekend to catch up a bit. Our schedule this semester is different from last, some days we are on campus from 8a-7p, others are 8a-2p, and we have one day that's just 5p-7p. Just depends on the day. Another strength is the bond you form with your classmates. Everyone is truly here to help each other out and that team work mentality has really helped during stressful times these past 2 semesters. Dr. Lichniak is the backbone of this program. He teaches a lot of the classes at Tri-C and has a tremendous amount of knowledge. He teaches it to you in a way that really makes it stick too, which will be great for clinical year. Another perk is the low cost of the program. I am an out of state student and my tuition is still significantly cheaper than any in-state school. 

The thing I don't like is that there's a lot of self learning. It's not necessarily a bad thing though and the professors are always there to sit down with you and help. It's just nice to know that going in to the program, because I was not aware of that fact before I started. Additionally, the program does not have cadavers. They recently got an anatomage table which will be very useful when it's up and running (they're just trying to find a good room to put it in). Another thing that I think could be improved is the communication between Tri-C and CSU. 

do most of your classmates do clinical rotations through the Cleveland clinic, or does the clinic not show preference to Tri-C pa students?

From what i've heard, several people do. The Cleveland Clinic has an application process, so you aren't just granted a spot. This application process is applicable for most, if not all, PA programs in the area. I am still in my first year so I don't 100% know what hospitals I will be at. Once we were accepted into the program, we were able to log on to a website and see our clinical site directory (there's easily over 100 listings with anything from UH, Cleveland Clinic, Southwest, various urgent cares, VA hosp, etc). 

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah it is. I called over a month ago and left a voicemail asking when interviews were expected to begin but unfortunately didn't hear back, so thank you for sharing. I wonder if they'll accept students after each interview session or wait until the end. I know that their next accreditation meeting is this month so they must be busy with that as well

It's very disappointing, especially for the people who committed to programs starting in May but want to go to this one, and also for the people who are waitlisted at programs starting in May and know that this program is a top choice for some of those already committed.

Archived