MISSOURI: University of Missouri - Kansas City

Hi Guys!

There's not too much info out there about UMKC and I am DYING to know more about this program. So feel free to share any thoughts, experiences, and advice about this particular program. If anyone has had a chance to interview there, I would really love to hear about that!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys!

There's not too much info out there about UMKC and I am DYING to know more about this program. So feel free to share any thoughts, experiences, and advice about this particular program. If anyone has had a chance to interview there, I would really love to hear about that!

I attended an information session there last year.  I am applying this cycle.  I know it is housed in the UMKC School of Medicine, which is attached to Truman Medical Center, their primary teaching hospital.  It's a new program, and small, with only 20 students admitted, I believe.  They do multiple-mini interviews.  That's about all I know at the moment!  I'm just waiting to hear if I'll interview.

• 3 weeks later...

My understanding was that since there were only 2 interview days, everyone will be notified at the same time. I don't think interviewing on Tuesday gives you an advantage or lets you know sooner. 

We should find out the first week of October right?

Agreed. The admissions committee is meeting this week to discuss all 80 interviewees. I would expect to hear back sometime this week or next week at the absolute latest.

Phweew, that was a big interview! I feel like I did well, but not holding my breath. 1 in 4 chance at this point! We should find out sometime this week!

Technically our chances of getting in are slightly better. I think there were 5 Allied-Health-Scholars interviewing for next cycle (2018 start). So now we've something like a 26.6% chance. The good news is that no spots for the 2017 start were taken by last year's Allied-Health-Scholars applicants. 

Archived