Part Time Salary Packages

Any input would be appreciated,

I have 3 years of experience as a PA practicing full time in NYC. I am now looking to leave my full time position in FM for a part time position (I recently had a baby and want to spend more time at home). I have never worked a part time position before and what to get an idea of what other PAs are recieving so that I'm better prepared for my job search.

1) salary. I understand it varies but is $65/hour reasonable?

2) health insurance . Do part time employees usually receive coverage?

3) if health insurance is offered is it fair to ask for more compensation in lieu of it? (We are on my husband's plan anyway)

4) How Much PTO does a part time PA usually receive? Sick days? Holidays?

5) is it fair to ask for CME reimbursement and/or PTO for CME?

6) licensing and credentialing fee reimbursement ?

Thank you so much!

some employers will provide benefits for as few as 20 hrs/week while others only give benefits for full time, so the question is really will you be benefitted or per diem.  if benefitted, treat negotiations like you would if you were full time. if per diem, ask for more money in lieu of benefits.

I don't know what the going rate is for family medicine in NYC, butt I'm guessing 65/hr is on the high side.

until recently I had one full time job, one part time job, and 1 per diem job. the part time gave me money + paid my state license only. the per diem job pays money + a required cme course(ATLS).

Archived