Can someone suggest and online Biochemistry course?

Hello, I am done with most my prerequisites and in desperate need of a decent, online biochemistry course. Seems one must be matriculated to take this course at a 4 year college? I am in NYC. My cuny school is not allowing me permission to take biochem anywhere because they claim it is not a required course for me to graduate. I have searched endlessly and the only biochem related course I found was the New England Medical Biochemistry but from the description, does not seem like this would be the correct one to take.

Thank you in advance and good luck everyone who has applied for this cycle!

A

I took this course through University of New England.

online.une.edu/science-prerequisites/online-medical-biochemistry

that was a valid class? It seems like a more medical approach but that should be great. Did the schools you applied to accept it without hesitation?

Thanks so much

I took this course through University of New England.

online.une.edu/science-prerequisites/online-medical-biochemistry

Apparently I have finished all these "extra" classes you're talking about and there is no room for me to take it so they denied me the e-permit (this is a request to take it at a different cuny since my cuny no longer offers it). I went to my school and was unable to do anything about this. The science department was outraged and called Registrar but they said these are the rules. So I am losing a year and I am not young anymore. Very distressing.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...
On 10/8/2019 at 2:35 AM, mrrichards1022 said:

I took it through Doane and although it was expensive, it was worth the price being that I work full time nights. I learned a good bit even thought it was just 8 weeks long. I’m glad I chose to do it through them. 

I know this was a year ago, but you have to "attend class" at certain times with Doane or no?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By toyosizai
      Hi, 

Just signed up for this forum. 

I am currently a senior in my undergrad, I finish in the Summer 2021. My current cumulative gpa is 3.09 which is very low and for my science courses these are the grades I have made: 
      General Chem 1 & 2: B
      Biology 1 : B
      Biology 2: C 
      Orgo 1: C 
      Orgo 2: F(first time), C (2nd time)  
      Physics 1 & 2: A
      Genetics: B-
      Microbiology: D, I am going to retake. 

I am taking Biochemistry 1 this spring 2021 and other upper-division biology courses where I hope to make As in. 

I would like advice on what I should do to increase my gpa.  Should I enroll in a post-bacc program while getting PCE (through volunteering/shadowing or getting a job at an urgent care or hospital) or should retake the classes I received a C or below in, then start prepping to take the GRE and going through the application process. Any advice would be helpful. Thank you. 

• By beccapolyack
      Hey, everybody! Fairly new here. I’ve been scrolling through other threads on this site regarding recommended online schools for prerequisite courses. A few of the threads are extremely helpful but several years old, so I wanted to start a more contemporary thread in case online school qualities have changed or there are any new ones. 
      I’m looking to take biochemistry and anatomy online. Ideally a low price would be great, but a self-paced online course is most important to me considering my current career and associated time restrictions. 
      I’ve been looking heavily at UNE for both courses but have heard mixed reviews. Any recommendations or suggestions based on your experiences, for UNE or others?
      Thank you so much!
      Becca
    • By PAgirl199
      Hey everyone! 

I was recently accepted into a program for fall of 2020. BIOCHEM was not a prerequisite, but I have been currently retaking the class in case I had to re apply. My acceptance is conditional based on having an up to date physical and that is It (I already submitted the physical). My question is, is It worth finishing up this class strong? Or should I stop putting effort into the class and relax until my program starts? I’m not sure what to do & don’t want to waste time studying if I do not have to! Thanks !!
    • By kgsurf
      Hey all, 
      I live on the west coast, specifically California. I have been looking into Doane University or UC Berkley to take classes and retake some prerequisites. I was wondering if any one from California has taken classes or anyone else has taken these classes and applied to pa schools in CA? Were those classes accepted? 
      I have reached out to schools and they just say they accept classes from "regionally accredited schools" which I know Doane is, but is there a issue since these classes are online? 
      I know it can be best to take classes in person, however I work a full time job where I am not able to attend local community classes since they are during my work hours. 
      Any help will be appreciated! 
      Cheers! 
    • By lauren749
      Hi everyone!
      I am enrolled in the Biochem course online at Doane University starting May 25. I was wondering if those who have taken this course before recommend the digital version of the textbook or the paper version? If I buy the digital version, will it be missing certain materials I will need for the course (ie. CDs, access cards)?
      Thank you in advance!

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More