Hi! I received a phone call today, and I interview on the 29th! I am honestly still in shock. I have a pressing question if anyone can answer, does anyone have any information regarding the interview style?? Also, how heavily is the admissions committee going to base their decision after your interview on whether or not you will be admitted into the program? Thank you so much for the feedback! We have all worked so hard!! 

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On March 9, 2018 at 10:23 AM, AAD said:

I interviewed last year and decided to keep my application current. I received a call on 03-06-18 about an interview and I will be interviewing on the 28th at 11:45 - 2. Does anyone have the same interview day and time? Elizabeth mentioned that all interviews will be held the week of the 26th and that hopefully a decision on who is accepted will be decided on Friday. From an old email, their goal is to inform everyone the first week of April.

Last years interview included 3 one on one interviews, a tour, and a group discussion about an ethical issue. However, Elizabeth noted that individuals who interviewed last year will have to be placed back into the applicant pool and if chosen to interview, will have to re-interview since faculty has changed (mostly just the program director) and the interview process is different. Therefore, I would not assume that the interview process will be like last years. 

I am also from out of state and had to fly in last year. What I did was just rented a car and will be doing this year as well. You can rent a car from a couple of companies at the airport, but I would recommend booking one in advance (I went through Alamo). A place to eat that is pretty cool that is walking distance from the school is The Dispensary.

The following are links to documents from the ARC-PA with the reason why FMU PA program is on probation: 

http://www.arc-pa.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/Accreditation-Actions-2016S-3.2.2017.pdf

http://www.arc-pa.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/Accreditation-Actions-2017Jan-M-5.10.17.pdf

http://www.arc-pa.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/Accreditation-Actions-2017July-S-.pdf

Hope this helps and good luck to everyone at interviews.

Thank you for all the information! One quick question. Are those links in order of how FMU was uplifted from probation? 

On 12/27/2016 at 0:37 PM, jayfmu said:

Im a student at the FMU PA school and am here to help if needed for any questions or concerns,  congrats to those who got interviews.  I remember mine last year with the staff at FMU.

I am also going through the process of going in with the military (NAVY) through their health professional program if anyone is thinking of that, i might be able to help answer some things as well.

Im on break so if you want to shoot me a question either her or privately, please do so!  

Good luck and look forward to seeing some of you next August! 

-jay

I know you posted this a couple years back but I am interviewing at FMU on 3/28 and am interested in doing the Navy Health Profession Scholarship Program as well. Does the HPSP support PA schools that have probationary accreditation status? 

12 minutes ago, cwarre11 said:

I was accepted last week over the phone. Any advice about places to live? I have a dog and haven't been able to find any pitbull friendly apartments. Really excited to meet everyone moving forward! 

Can anyone else who received a phone call regarding an admission offer attest to this statement? 

5 hours ago, cwarre11 said:

I was accepted last week over the phone. Any advice about places to live? I have a dog and haven't been able to find any pitbull friendly apartments. Really excited to meet everyone moving forward! 

Congratulations! What day did you interview?

Archived