I applied to Salus on July 7th, 2016. Since then, I received notifications on September 15th and December 21st, stating that my application was still active. The university sent me an email in early January asking for an official copy of my transcripts (grades had improved significantly since submissions of verified application). I am wondering if anyone is in a similar position and still hasn't heard anything. I am planning on reapplying in April, but I don't want to ask for new letters of recommendation just yet, if they are still interviewing for this cycle. Just wondering if anyone has heard anything recent. Thanks!

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am not on the standby list but was last year. I feel your pain and know how it feels to wait for what seems like forever. I'm not sure how many students are in the class now but I do know that the second deposit for accepted students is due April 1st. That means that most likely seats will open up after that date(as I was told they would last year) once people who submit one deposit decide to attend another school and don't submit the second. After April 1st I would expect there to be some movement off the standby list. If you don't happen to get off this round, don't worry. I am under the impression that if you don't get in this round that you will next year if and when you reapply. I waited from December to June last year on standby, didn't get in, and this round got in right after my interview. Good luck to Taylor and everyone else in your shoes.

Has anyone on the standby list heard anything further from Salus? The last email I received was on March 6 with an update on the amount of students on the list and whether or not I was still interested in remaining active on standby

Thank you so much! Yeah I am praying I hear back from them after April 1st with good news but I am ready to apply all over again in the end of April. I hope you don't mind me asking, but when you re-applied a second time around did you apply to the same schools on CASPA you did the first time? And did you add more to your application or change up your personal statement? I recently got two new jobs that are patient care related which I will be able to add to my application but I haven't really done any additional volunteering // shadowing other than what was on my application to begin with, which was shadowed 2 PA's 1 MD and various volunteering. Any advice would be appreciated!

• 1 month later...

I haven't heard anything other than their email on 4/4 saying they were waiting on 9 students to place their last deposit. Does anyone know if we are not accepted off standby this year and apply April 27th for next year if we have a better chance of being accepted?

Yes, but to be clear, if you reapply that is for the following cycle. I seriously doubt they consider beginning the application process over will have an impact of this cycle.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived