CALIFORNIA Dominican University, 2016-2017

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Where you accepted? Or waitlisted?

I was accepted and offered a spot in the program....all the candidates from my interview session seemed like amazing and highly qualified applicants!!  I am still stunned that I have been given this kind of opportunity...I can't imagine how difficult it is to pick and choose which candidates to admit into the program.  But as I said before this is my second go around for applying to PA school and 7 years in the making to be a qualified applicant.  Don't give up!!  Be persistent and it will work out how it's suppose to!  

Anyone else put down the $1,000 deposit for the waitlist? This is the only program I've heard of requiring a deposit just for a waitlist spot.

Do you get that money back if you don't get off the waitlist? Because if not, that is absolutely ridiculous.

Hey ya'll, I too gave $1,000 to the waitlist. After speaking with many people, it's definitely the only program I've heard of that has done a Waitlist deposit. We do however, get the deposit back if not offered a spot in the 2019 class. If we are offered a spot, and do not accept the spot, we do not get the deposit back. 

I imagine the reason they have done a waitlist deposit is because they are a new school and probably want to ensure a full class. If people have deposits, they may be more likely to accept if they haven't put a deposit down elsewhere. This is totally just a guess! I really have no idea. I agree it's rather frustrating. but I went into this process knowing I'd probably lose some money. After almost $200,000 in loans... this is hardly a dent in the overall picture.

Good luck.

Hey ya'll, I too gave $1,000 to the waitlist. After speaking with many people, it's definitely the only program I've heard of that has done a Waitlist deposit. We do however, get the deposit back if not offered a spot in the 2019 class. If we are offered a spot, and do not accept the spot, we do not get the deposit back. 

I imagine the reason they have done a waitlist deposit is because they are a new school and probably want to ensure a full class. If people have deposits, they may be more likely to accept if they haven't put a deposit down elsewhere. This is totally just a guess! I really have no idea. I agree it's rather frustrating. but I went into this process knowing I'd probably lose some money. After almost $200,000 in loans... this is hardly a dent in the overall picture.

Good luck.

It's definitely the only program I've heard of that does that. I guess it's a little better that you get it back if you are not offered a seat.

Does anyone know if the class is full yet? I'm wondering if the future interviews are just for waitlist seats or not. I know some schools waitlist people even if the class isn't full yet so I'm wondering what Dominican does.

Thanks.

It's definitely the only program I've heard of that does that. I guess it's a little better that you get it back if you are not offered a seat.

Does anyone know if the class is full yet? I'm wondering if the future interviews are just for waitlist seats or not. I know some schools waitlist people even if the class isn't full yet so I'm wondering what Dominican does.

Thanks.

I don't know whether the class is full, but I do know that they were placing people people on the waitlist long before the class was potentially full.

I hope that helps and good luck!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

I was put on the waitlist back in November and paid the deposit because I did not have any other interviews lined up. Since I have been accepted elsewhere and really wish I could get that deposit back. I emailed them to see if they have any sort of rankings for the waitlist to get an idea if I would be accepted or not. They said they had not yet discussed a ranking. I asked how/when we could expect to hear from them if we weren't accepted and received this reply:

"As the letter stated we may not know the final outcome of drawing from the waitlist until late summer. If we can't offer you a spot we will refund the money However, if you withdraw from the waitlist our policy is not to refund the money."

I then asked if there were any exceptions made to be refunded the deposit for extenuating circumstances and received no reply. Now I am left hoping that I don't get accepted off the waitlist, but I can't withdraw or else I for sure lose my money. I am trying to think of a way of making them not want to accept me without actually withdrawing. Any ideas?

Hey guys,

So I received an interview invite this past week, but by the time I could get around to registering for the date, all the spots were already filled up and there were no other dates available. Anyone have any idea what's going on? Will there be more dates in the future or did I just miss my chance? I tried calling their office, but haven't gotten a response yet...

Hey guys,

So I received an interview invite this past week, but by the time I could get around to registering for the date, all the spots were already filled up and there were no other dates available. Anyone have any idea what's going on? Will there be more dates in the future or did I just miss my chance? I tried calling their office, but haven't gotten a response yet...

Same here [emoji55] e-mailed them but no response yet. I hear 3/3 is the last interview date...?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same here [emoji55] e-mailed them but no response yet. I hear 3/3 is the last interview date...?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So I checked their admissions page and it looks like interviews are supposed to be conducted from November to May. Also, it wouldn't make much sense for the last interview date to be 03/03 when the deadline is 03/01...right?? rightt?? At least that's what I'm hoping for...Good luck to us both!

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey guys! Just wanted to let you know I got the best call of my life a few hours ago - I've been accepted off the wait-list! Aside from that, I don't have any other information because I can't remember anything else from the conversation - I'm so elated! Good luck to all ya'll still waiting to hear back! 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived