2016 - 2017 Application Cycle

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congrats!! Did you accept? How long do you have to give your deposit?

Thanks! It was a fantastic wake up call! I had until the 1st of December to notify them, but I accepted and turned in my deposit and forms yesterday when I got the email. During the interview the two girls from the class of 18 that were with us told us that they didn't hear back until December, so don't give up hope! I'm sure it's just a matter of time. Stay positive :) 

Hi Alixandrea92, What do you mean by the first round? Does that apply to like the first interview group?

They send out the first 40 as a round. Then they accept more as individuals in that 40 start to decline. It goes like this until all of the 40 slots are filled and their are deposits down. At that point there is an alternate list formed which is used in the event that students drop out before class starts. Some years they use people off of this list, otherbyears they do not. Last year they didn't use anyone on the alternate list.

I had my interview with Central on Nov. 4th. They said if you got accepted you would hear by Thanksgiving. If waiting isn't hard enough, to add onto the waiting horrors, the week of Thanksgiving I saw 3 different people I know post on Facebook that they got a personal call from Clint and an e-mail saying they got accepted. It's the day after Thanksgiving and I haven't heard a single thing so at this point I'm assuming I got my answer.... 

Congrats to all who got accepted, wish I could be joining you! :(

I had my interview with Central on Nov. 4th. They said if you got accepted you would hear by Thanksgiving. If waiting isn't hard enough, to add onto the waiting horrors, the week of Thanksgiving I saw 3 different people I know post on Facebook that they got a personal call from Clint and an e-mail saying they got accepted. It's the day after Thanksgiving and I haven't heard a single thing so at this point I'm assuming I got my answer.... 

Congrats to all who got accepted, wish I could be joining you! :(

Right there with you! Though, I know some of the students in the previous cohort did not hear until after Thanksgiving! I'm not counting myself out until the beginning of next week, as right now is considered a short holiday break.

Hey guys! My name is Marissa and I am from the CMU PA class of 2018. I randomly decided to check this because I remember checking this last year while waiting and waiting and waiting for an email to finally come. If you have been accepted, congrats!! If you haven't received an email yet, don't freak out. They don't tell us much about the acceptance process, but last year I believe they sent out two rounds of acceptances before they sent out the wait list/decline emails. I was accepted in the second round and my email came about 2 weeks after the first round of acceptances. Also, there are many people in my class that were accepted off the wait list, so if you get that email just remember that there is still hope! Good luck to everyone and I can't wait to meet the class of 2019 soon! 

Hey guys! My name is Marissa and I am from the CMU PA class of 2018. I randomly decided to check this because I remember checking this last year while waiting and waiting and waiting for an email to finally come. If you have been accepted, congrats!! If you haven't received an email yet, don't freak out. They don't tell us much about the acceptance process, but last year I believe they sent out two rounds of acceptances before they sent out the wait list/decline emails. I was accepted in the second round and my email came about 2 weeks after the first round of acceptances. Also, there are many people in my class that were accepted off the wait list, so if you get that email just remember that there is still hope! Good luck to everyone and I can't wait to meet the class of 2019 soon! 

Thank you so much for this! I have been really disappointed since talking to Barb on Wednesday and its nice to know that my journey for this round isn't necessarily over yet! 

I also got the call/email on the 21st, but I didn't accept until the 30th because I was debating between some other schools. But I have officially decided to go to Central! Can't wait to meet everyone in a few months! I would assume the second round of acceptances will go out this week, because my deadline was the first.

Still keeping some small glimmer of hope for a call today....losing hope as I see more and more saying they got their call today. Congrats to those who got accepted, wish I could say the same right now!!!

I think second rounds just started today! And that will take a while. All in all from interviews to having the class filled and the waitlist being officially announced, it seems CMU usually takes 2 months sometimes a week or so longer. So we're only half way through :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived