Marshall B. Ketchum 2016-2017

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I received a "Waitlist for an interview" email on October 20th. I feeeeel like this is a bad sign that I haven't heard from them yet. This whole waitlist to interview thing is quite confusing to me. 

Anyone in the same boat?

Every school seems to have their quirks- MBK has an interview waitlist. I haven't encountered any other school that does this, not that they've told me anyway.

Hi all!

I have seen a few posts on this thread asking if anyone who has interviewed would share a little about the interview format, I was also wondering the same thing! I am very curious about the "Timed written essay" as well. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I just got an interview invite this past week and scheduled it for the 21st of January.

Called today for a last minute interview on Friday as well at 9AM.

Submitted first week of July, placed on "Waitlist to Interview" in November. Received the same email in January. And was called today for an interview. Hope that helps anyone still waiting... it can still happen!

Good luck to everyone interviewing, cannot wait to meet everyone Friday! Staying at the Western Plus nearby if anyone wants to grab coffee or a meal before, message me directly!

Is anyone interviewing this Saturday? This is my first interview for a PA program and I'm so excited!! a little freaked out, but excited about the prospects. Good Luck to everyone!!! I'm definitely looking forward to traveling down there as it's been a snowy mess here in Idaho.

third year in a row applying to PA school. I've never had an interview. over 9k hrs as a cardiac sonographer. this school put me on an interview waitlist, took me off 2 weeks ago and then invited others to interview. if i'm on the waitlist to interview then i would have assumed i was in line should another spot open up. other spots have opened up. if i seem bitter its because i am. I do wish all of you the best of luck though. everyone works hard and wants an opportunity. I just feel like i have earned it after gaining so much experience, retaking classes to turn B's into A's and rewriting my personal statement 3 times. 

Is anyone interviewing this Saturday? This is my first interview for a PA program and I'm so excited!! a little freaked out, but excited about the prospects. Good Luck to everyone!!! I'm definitely looking forward to traveling down there as it's been a snowy mess here in Idaho.

Congrats sfine!! I will be there on Saturday as well! Good luck and hope the trip to southern CA isn't too bad!

third year in a row applying to PA school. I've never had an interview. over 9k hrs as a cardiac sonographer. this school put me on an interview waitlist, took me off 2 weeks ago and then invited others to interview. if i'm on the waitlist to interview then i would have assumed i was in line should another spot open up. other spots have opened up. if i seem bitter its because i am. I do wish all of you the best of luck though. everyone works hard and wants an opportunity. I just feel like i have earned it after gaining so much experience, retaking classes to turn B's into A's and rewriting my personal statement 3 times. 

Hi, this does sound very frustrating and I totally see where you're coming from. I imagine the "waitlist to interview" is similar to a waitlist to get into an actual program... I know those are ranked and they go down the list in order of however they ranked the students. I imagine the "waitlist to interview" list is the same. So sorry to hear you did not get an interview, there are so many exceptional candidates and every year there seems to be more and more!

I do not know all the details of what being a cardiac sonographer requires, but the advice given to me by many of the PAs I work with is #1. Apply to as many schools as possible. #2 If I don't get in this year, professionally ask the program for a reason why and see what you can do to improve your application. You may be surprised what they will say. Maybe switch up your experience and look for another position to add to the resume, there are lots of ways to get patient care hours that don't require additional certifications (PT aide, scribe, etc), or maybe volunteering. 

I wish you the best of luck! Don't give up yet. January is still quite early for many schools and interviews are still going!

P.S. I work with a doctor who applied to medical school 7 times. That probably doesn't make you feel much better, but he is an exceptional person and a great provider and is very happy he continued to persevere. 

Hi, this does sound very frustrating and I totally see where you're coming from. I imagine the "waitlist to interview" is similar to a waitlist to get into an actual program... I know those are ranked and they go down the list in order of however they ranked the students. I imagine the "waitlist to interview" list is the same. So sorry to hear you did not get an interview, there are so many exceptional candidates and every year there seems to be more and more!

I do not know all the details of what being a cardiac sonographer requires, but the advice given to me by many of the PAs I work with is #1. Apply to as many schools as possible. #2 If I don't get in this year, professionally ask the program for a reason why and see what you can do to improve your application. You may be surprised what they will say. Maybe switch up your experience and look for another position to add to the resume, there are lots of ways to get patient care hours that don't require additional certifications (PT aide, scribe, etc), or maybe volunteering. 

I wish you the best of luck! Don't give up yet. January is still quite early for many schools and interviews are still going!

P.S. I work with a doctor who applied to medical school 7 times. That probably doesn't make you feel much better, but he is an exceptional person and a great provider and is very happy he continued to persevere. 

Thank you for the reply. The advice have gotten is to turn B's to A's which is what I have been doing. Once in a while you do here stories like the Dr you are talking about which is encouraging. 

Totally understand your frustration, I've spoken to some current students/alumni at various schools and they said it took them anywhere from 3-6 times to get into a school. Do not give up hope. Have you tried emailing the schools once the application cycle is over to ask what you can do to improve? Maybe there is something with the personal statement that isn't quite right? 

Has anyone who interviewed on 1/20 or 1/21 heard anything back yet? I know they said we'd hear back some time this week. I'm just anxious!

I am anxious as well, I keep checking my email and the website. But so far nothing. I'm expecting it will be towards the end of the week, which feels like forever.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived