Connecticut: Sacred Heart 2016 - 2017 cycle

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey, on a side note, for those who received a phone call today, do you mind sharing who called you? 

Bianca was the person that called me. Considering it took 4 anxiety-driven returned calls to get back in touch with her (missed her original call), I believe she was the person making all of the phone calls.

Called Sacred Heart today they are not completely done with making calls, per Bianca. Don't give up hope! Could be Final few accepted into program and wait list!!

That's exciting to hear!! Hopefully still a chance! Anyone know if they will actually provide rankings this year on the wait list? I know they didn't last year.

does sacred heart provide graduate health insurance? because i cannot find anything on their website on that

I think it should be directed to Bianca so I'll email her today.  It's definitely important because the link to healthcare for domestic graduate students directs you to healthcare.gov.  This seems problematic given the new administration is trying to tear down the marketplace without suitable replacement and/or the premiums are out of control.  

does sacred heart provide graduate health insurance? because i cannot find anything on their website on that

I think it should be directed to Bianca so I'll email her today.  It's definitely important because the link to healthcare for domestic graduate students directs you to healthcare.gov.  This seems problematic given the new administration is trying to tear down the marketplace without suitable replacement and/or the premiums are out of control.  

I spoke to Bianca who referred me to someone in the graduate office to answer this question.  The answer at this time is that we can find coverage through the ACA at the Healthcare.gov website.  I expressed my concern over the Trump administration's and Republican's attempt to repeal the ACA might leave us with limited to no options.  I was told that the university is following this issue and always looking for suitable replacements.  I also ask about requirements for coverage and when we will need it.  I will post more info when I know.  

Does anyone know how they go about utilizing the waitlist? Is it a big list? Assuming they must have a ranking... or they wouldn't have a way of calling someone off of it versus another. I'm on the alternate list but hoping to get off 

Yes, they do or they did last year. Last year when they told us about being on the waitlist they said they wouldn't release rankings, but this is a new year. Also when did you find out? I haven't heard anything as of late. 

So strange, I heard last week about the alternate list via email. Don't you think they would have notified people who were on the alternate list at the same time? Has anyone heard a straight up rejection from the interview? So far just acceptances? Very interesting....

Archived