Connecticut: Sacred Heart 2016 - 2017 cycle

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow so exciting congrats to all!, So disappointed to not get a call, really believed it would be my year, especially interviewing last year and having another great interview here this year. Guess I'm not what they are looking for. Maybe a wait list again, God willing.  Congrats to all, wishing you all the best.

What's up guys! Current student here at SHU. Congrats to everyone who have already received calls. For those of you who haven't yet, don't get discouraged just yet. I see some of you guys getting frustrated- completely understandable, but don't lose faith. Keep grinding!

f2093guuuuuuuuh24uuuuuu72ljrweehhhhhhg92333333333333

This is my third year applying to PA Programs. Also my second time interviewing with Sacred Heart specifically. I can promise you your acceptance is not dependent on the amount of health care hours you have, and being a scribe is in fact a respectable job. Sacred Heart in particular, over the 11 collective interviews I've been to, puts a lot of emphasis on your character and whether you will be a good "fit". Throwing a tantrum on a forum is not a great representation of that character. Best of luck to you as well.

Ha, what faith! Don't act like you know, you silver spoon, unqualified bull shit  mother fucker! 

Your demeanor is most likely the reason you did not get in. Nobody owes you an acceptance. There are dozens of other candidates who worked just as hard or harder and still did not get that call. What you have shown is immaturity to handle emotions and have childish outbreaks. 

Maybe you didn't consider that some who did get the call may have already accepted offers elsewhere and you might've been placed on the wait list. I hope this forum is watched by our admin and deduct from the information you revealed who you are so you never get an interview anywhere!

This is my third year applying to PA Programs. Also my second time interviewing with Sacred Heart specifically. I can promise you your acceptance is not dependent on the amount of health care hours you have, and being a scribe is in fact a respectable job. Sacred Heart in particular, over the 11 collective interviews I've been to, puts a lot of emphasis on your character and whether you will be a good "fit". Throwing a tantrum on a forum is not a great representation of that character. Best of luck to you as well.

I agree with you 100%! And while I am still one of many anxiously awaiting a call... it was a pleasure to meet everyone and to be able to interview at SHU! Huge fan of the program.

While I agree it can be a frustrating process... it is absolutely UNACCEPTABLE to put others down. We all come from different backgrounds, and I'd like to point out statistics have shown an excellent program pass rate of PA students that were scribes due to the extensive exposure directly with providers and the entire medical decision making process (physicians, PAs, and NPs). However, the beauty of this profession is how diverse students are and the variation of expertise we bring to the table.

To the guy above with the attitude, if that's how you behave in life and in your interviews... you may be applying for a while....

With that said, I choose to remain positive because this process does work in the end. I believe those deserving will be matched with a program they will thrive in. Best if luck y'all. :)

I agree with you 100%! And while I am still one of many anxiously awaiting a call... it was a pleasure to meet everyone and to be able to interview at SHU! Huge fan of the program.

While I agree it can be a frustrating process... it is absolutely UNACCEPTABLE to put others down. We all come from different backgrounds, and I'd like to point out statistics have shown an excellent program pass rate of PA students that were scribes due to the extensive exposure directly with providers and the entire medical decision making process (physicians, PAs, and NPs). However, the beauty of this profession is how diverse students are and the variation of expertise we bring to the table.

To the guy above with the attitude, if that's how you behave in life and in your interviews... you may be applying for a while....

With that said, I choose to remain positive because this process does work in the end. I believe those deserving will be matched with a program they will thrive in. Best if luck y'all. :)

I could not have said it any better. the tantrum that I have just read shocks me because most people are usually not that negative. applying to PA school is difficult and as a re-applicant myself I have worked to strengthen my application. Yes, I started as an EMT but am currently a scribe in the emergency department because you really learn a lot from the two backgrounds and I am lucky to have experienced both. so it is not really the amount of the hours but the experience and what you can bring to the table. 

and mm23, stay positive!! they have not even requested the seat deposit yet, so there is still plenty of time. they only said that the acceptance letters would go out in a week and would detail the rest of the process. I am sure there are plenty of candidates that found out and are now in the process of debating between 2 schools, which might open some seats in the next few weeks. 

I could not have said it any better. the tantrum that I have just read shocks me because most people are usually not that negative. applying to PA school is difficult and as a re-applicant myself I have worked to strengthen my application. Yes, I started as an EMT but am currently a scribe in the emergency department because you really learn a lot from the two backgrounds and I am lucky to have experienced both. so it is not really the amount of the hours but the experience and what you can bring to the table.

and mm23, stay positive!! they have not even requested the seat deposit yet, so there is still plenty of time. they only said that the acceptance letters would go out in a week and would detail the rest of the process. I am sure there are plenty of candidates that found out and are now in the process of debating between 2 schools, which might open some seats in the next few weeks.

Fingers are crossed. Sounds like you got in? If so, genuine congratulations! I was the same! I actually quit my EMT position (which I did like), but truly felt I learned so much as a scribe.

Fingers are crossed. Sounds like you got in? If so, genuine congratulations! I was the same! I actually quit my EMT position (which I did like), but truly felt I learned so much as a scribe.

yes, i got in. Thank you! i am actually one of those candidates that is now choosing between two schools. I have had the deposit at another school down since last month, but sacred heart is one of my top choices, so I think i will be accepting my seat and placing another deposit there. yea, i was an EMT for 2 years, but being a scribe is nice and I have a lot more interaction with PAs than in my previous position. 

It is unfortunate that a response such as the one displayed above would or could be associated with the professionalism and the grace of the rest of the impeccable candidates that are actually seeking a serious career as a PA where decorum still matters. I'm waiting anxiously to hear back just as many of you are, and I'm worried, but I'm not out yet. I hope more than anything that I get in, but regardless, I know that the people who deserve to be in this program will be. 

To be clear, I have 13,000 hours, have been an EMT for the better half of a decade, and have also applied three times. I too feel that I am highly qualified. But don't we all believe that about ourselves? We have all worked so incredibly hard to get to this point, but by no means does that EVER excuse speaking to someone who has rightfully earned his spot in that manner!

Oh and in my experience, I have met some very smart and qualified people who were scribes. Just saying.

Congrats to everyone who has received a call. Kick ass this fall! =)

It is unfortunate that a response such as the one displayed above would or could be associated with the professionalism and the grace of the rest of the impeccable candidates that are actually seeking a serious career as a PA where decorum still matters. I'm waiting anxiously to hear back just as many of you are, and I'm worried, but I'm not out yet. I hope more than anything that I get in, but regardless, I know that the people who deserve to be in this program will be.

To be clear, I have 13,000 hours, have been an EMT for the better half of a decade, and have also applied three times. I too feel that I am highly qualified. But don't we all believe that about ourselves? We have all worked so incredibly hard to get to this point, but by no means does that EVER excuse speaking to someone who has rightfully earned his spot in that manner!

Oh and in my experience, I have met some very smart and qualified people who were scribes. Just saying.

Congrats to everyone who has received a call. Kick ass this fall! =)

perfection [emoji1419]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reading through the comments I just want to reach out and congratulate all of you who got acceptances and tell those of you who haven't to hold out hope. Our class itself had some waitlisted people get in, and they are some of the most respected in our program.

I also think that it is extremely encouraging to read the responses here, be it to good news or no news. Most of you have an EXCELLENT outlook, and I promise that outlook will pay off. A GOOD MAJORITY of people involved in the program read this forum and think I can speak for many of us when I say I'm impressed. Thank you all for ruling and good luck moving forward!

I agree that there is still plenty of time for people to get in. Today was only a phone call so who knows who said yes, maybe, or no. I understand the frustration as I am someone who is older (34) and took several tries and basically redid my sciences to get in. Applying to PA school is the most frustrating and humbling undertaking I've done. I was one who had little to no faith at one point but it does work out. For those who didn't get a seat (yet), my advice is to take on challenges, take classes, shadow/volunteer, and most of all, reach out to the program and see if you can find out where you fell short. The faculty st SHU seems awesome so I bet they will give you quality feedback.

I know preaching and seeing people's excited posts can be maddening to those still waiting. You'll have that chance eventually so don't give up.

Archived