Connecticut: Sacred Heart 2016 - 2017 cycle

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...

I have to finish up the questions they ask on CASPA. I will be applying there this year. Any hints on what they are looking for?

Sacred Heart University (SHU) Master of Physician Assistant Studies seeks students who are mature, possess excellent communication skills, are team-oriented, and demonstrate intellectual capacity and integrity.

CancerKatie - Sacred Heart seems to be similar to most programs; Good grades and healthcare experience.  Their site mentions a focus on primary care and the CASPA questions seem to focus on experience and what you will bring/what motivates you to be a PA.  I would use this info to make sure your responses are geared towards your motivation and why you want to be a PA and not describe what a PA does as is often the mistake of application essays,  Additionally, if you have a military background, are from an economically or educationally disadvantaged community, or have volunteer experience (especially abroad), that helps a lot.

-Good luck

Has anyone gotten an email after sending in their application that it was received and if so how long after sending in your app did it take?

It took me about 2 weeks to receive an email saying that they have received my application and will review it, but they won't start offering interviews until after October 1st.

Ok I was wrong on my timeline. Just received an interview offer for November.

So you already received an interview invitation? I thought they won't review applications or send out invitations until after the deadline. Anyway, congrats!!!!! Do you mind sharing your stats? Thank you very much.

So you already received an interview invitation? I thought they won't review applications or send out invitations until after the deadline. Anyway, congrats!!!!! Do you mind sharing your stats? Thank you very much.

Yeah that's what I thought too, but was surprise to have an invitation via email. Stats: cGPA 3.26 sGPA 3.26 PCE 2500+ HCE 725 Volunteer 250.

For those who already got invites, how long does it take to received the confirmation email? And how long is it since you submitted your app to SH? Thank you and congrats!!!!

I was verified and submitted my app to SH on September 9th. I received my invite when I posted earlier that I received my on that day. They give you two options to pick a date and once you reply you get a confirmation email the next day with the logistics.

I received confirmation of my CASPA delivery on 7/17, interview invite 9/28, and pretty fast back and forth on the 29th. The first day of interviews is filled so I had to go for the 2nd option.

Has anyone who has been following this school noticed that originally the program was going to be at the new building but now is at the Tandet center in Stamford? Or was it there all along? Somewhat disappointing that it's nowhere near the campus and the brand new center.

I received confirmation of my CASPA delivery on 7/17, interview invite 9/28, and pretty fast back and forth on the 29th. The first day of interviews is filled so I had to go for the 2nd option.

Has anyone who has been following this school noticed that originally the program was going to be at the new building but now is at the Tandet center in Stamford? Or was it there all along? Somewhat disappointing that it's nowhere near the campus and the brand new center.

Hi MarkMass! Congrats on the interview invite! I interviewed at Sacred Heart last year and fell in love with the program and the faculty! The program was always intended to be at the Stamford location, which I personally like a lot better but everyone has their own preferences. Good luck on the interview!

Sarah

Congrats!!!!! When did you submit and how long does it take to get the confirmation email? And do you mind sharing your stats as well? 

Thanks! I submitted the SHU app on July 6th. I got the interview email on 9/27 and the confirmation email came the next day. GPA: 3.2, Science GPA 3.0, Total health care hours: 10,000, Direct patient hours: 6,000

Archived