I am working on my application in CASPA... and I have a few questions regarding HCE.

I know that direct patient care experience would be my job working as a derm medical assistant..

But I have a few things that I am not sure qualify as general health care experience: 

1.) Dietary Clerk in a nursing home - I had to create meal plans with the dietitian and residents based off of their meal restrictions, etc. 

2.) Residential counselor (senior year of college Practicum for credit) The position was a residential counselor for a group home with people who have dual illness. I had to assist in managing illness/sobriety of the individuals and help them develop independent skills to transition to a more independent setting.

Thank you for your responses and help!! Clarification would be great!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By sdebar
      Thought I would get this started, anyone submit yet? I submitted my CASPA on 5/12, supplemental 5/13, and GRE on 5/13 as well!
    • By illini96
      So I am currently trying to figure out my credits and classes for the applications but I am having a lot of trouble matching courses. My college was a private college that went by trimesters. My classes were 3 credits each and they did not offer general biology. Instead the sequence went Zoology, Cellular Biology, and Botany and they were 3 credits each. So, if a program requires 4 credits of General Biology, does this mean that those three classes will not satisfy the requirement? Will I have to retake the classes somewhere else then? 
    • By MYoukh
      Does anyone know how long it usually takes for Professional Transcript Entry to be completed? I paid for the service before finding out that it might be more time saving to do it yourself. I submitted my CASPA on 5/16 and now I'm just an anxious ball of energy waiting for them to enter my courses.
    • By zgharbieh
      Hello everyone! I thought I would start a thread for this cycle. Waiting for my transcripts to be received by caspa and then I plan on submitting. 

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More