Eastern Michigan 2016-2017 Application cycle

Oh and on another note. For those of you who get into the program, I had Susan Starr 7 years ago at WCC and aced Bio 111 with her. It was my first Bio class in probably 5 or 6 years and her methods worked for me. She's been teaching A&P for such a long time and is definitely an asset to the program. When I saw her name, I did a little 'Yipppeee.'

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm saddened by the rejection letter, was in tears yesterday at my work. It might have looked weird to others seeing me teary eyed. The matter of fact is, I cannot apply to many PA programs like fresh grads. Also, I'm an foreign grad. I'm thinking I should start researching for MPH Programs. Seeing EMU/PA program, they prefer candidates who are fresh out of school. Does anyone know foreign grad friendly MPH programs in michigan? 

Did anyone else not get a rejection email so far? I know the last email I got said they will let us know before October 1st the status of our application. But does anyone know if they send out rejections all in one day or do they space it out like the interview invites?

I haven't received an interview or rejection yet either. Best of luck, I will keep you posted. 

I'm saddened by the rejection letter, was in tears yesterday at my work. It might have looked weird to others seeing me teary eyed. The matter of fact is, I cannot apply to many PA programs like fresh grads. Also, I'm an foreign grad. I'm thinking I should start researching for MPH Programs. Seeing EMU/PA program, they prefer candidates who are fresh out of school. Does anyone know foreign grad friendly MPH programs in michigan? 

If this is truly your dream then don't give up. Remember even Oprah was rejected at first and Steve Spielburg was told that he wasn't creative enough to get into the program he wanted to get into to. Don't quit on your dreams, fight for them. One thing that has seemed to work for me during this process is reminding myself that there are a lot of well-qualified applicants applying for the same spots. As long as you know you gave it your all you have to trust a bit in fate, there's a reason this wasn't your time/school, as hard as it is to see in this moment. The only way you won't get in for sure is if you quit at your dream. 

If this is truly your dream then don't give up. Remember even Oprah was rejected at first and Steve Spielburg was told that he wasn't creative enough to get into the program he wanted to get into to. Don't quit on your dreams, fight for them. One thing that has seemed to work for me during this process is reminding myself that there are a lot of well-qualified applicants applying for the same spots. As long as you know you gave it your all you have to trust a bit in fate, there's a reason this wasn't your time/school, as hard as it is to see in this moment. The only way you won't get in for sure is if you quit at your dream. 

Hey PA040413,

Thank you for your inspirational words. It is very helpful for me at this moment.

I have not heard anything either way. No rejection email, no invitation to interview. It is starting to concern me a little bit. Do you think I should contact them or wait a little bit longer? Any one else completely in the dark? I check my email 50x a day and have it linked to my cell phone. I also checked my spam box, nothing there from EMU.

• 2 weeks later...

You will be interviewed individually by 3 members of the panel (not everyone gets the same 3 people, of course). There was no writing portion. Oh, and there were snacks!! good luck

Anyone who interviewed already, please give some info regarding their interview process. Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys did anyone get the call?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I haven't received a call or any word from Eastern after my interview on October 18. I know they said mid-November so maybe they will start making acceptance calls next week? Has anyone heard anything?

I haven't received a call or any word from Eastern after my interview on October 18. I know they said mid-November so maybe they will start making acceptance calls next week? Has anyone heard anything?

I also interviewed on the 18th and have not heard anything back. Hopefully by the end of this week or next week we will hear something.

Archived