PAApplication Cycle 2016-17

Upstate uses the MMI (Multiple mini interview) format for their interviews. I would google and youtube "MMI style interviews" so you can get some more information on this new format. I would also try and read up on current healthcare issues, SUNY Upstate's PA program, and common ethical dilemmas in medicine. When answering the questions, always think about the patient's well being as your top priority. Other than that, know who you are, what your strengths are, why you want to be a PA, and try not to over-think things! Be cool, calm, and collected, and let your passion and individuality shine on interview day. Remember that you want to connect with your interviewers so be memorable, genuine, and have fun with it! I hope that helped, let me know if you'd like me to expand on anything.

Perfect reply and great advice.  Thanks.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can anyone accepted tell me when we get our login ID/pin numbers? I am trying to see what the required textbooks are! Or if anyone knows what books we need for the first classes in June could you please share!

Your first 3 classes in the summer are Anatomy, Professional Issues, and Population Medicine. Everything you need will be in the power points. If you wanted to get the book for anatomy, it is your basic Netter's Anatomy (Atlas of Human Anatomy 6th edition) book, which is strictly pictures (not super helpful in my opinion, but I did look at it a few times-- and there is one of these books at each cadaver in the lab).. Hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions

• 2 weeks later...

Congrats on a job well done! You must be so happy :)

I interviewed december 9th and they told us we should not hear anything until January, but now my account status says decision made and I'm anxious to see the result. The element of surprise haha

Thank you very much I am beyond ecstatic. The waiting game is the worst part. Just try and not to drive yourself crazy thinking about it, but that is easier said than done. I wish you all the luck in the world and hope you find out soon!

• 2 weeks later...

So apparently "hold for comparison" can result in any of the following: accepted, waitlisted, or rejected. I had my interview early December. I truly thought it went great. The program director even told me that I really hit the nail on the head with the ethical question answer. I got rejected. I'm bummed because I have so much history with upstate and I really love that school. Best wishes to the people still in the running. Keep up the positivity :)

• 2 weeks later...

I think the interviews are done, when I had mine in December they said they had two left. I'm currently on the waitlist so I think they've finished calling with acceptances. Did you finish your application completely? It's weird if they haven't contacted you. Maybe check bannerweb

• 3 weeks later...

I think the interviews are done, when I had mine in December they said they had two left. I'm currently on the waitlist so I think they've finished calling with acceptances. Did you finish your application completely? It's weird if they haven't contacted you. Maybe check bannerweb

Thanks for the input, I interviewed back in October and have been put on the waitlist too. Just trying to get some info about what we may be able to expect since they said in the email not to call them about our position on the waitlist so our options are limited...Thanks again! And good luck getting that call! 

• 2 weeks later...

Congrats to all those accepted! Does anyone know if there's a Facebook page for the incoming class? :)

There is a facebook page for the incoming class. Just search SUNY Upstate PA Class of 2019. It is a locked group so you have to be verified that you have been accepted into the program.

Archived