PAApplication Cycle 2016-17

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congrats! You must feel so excited and stress relieved. I'm still hoping for an interview invite. I have a 3.41 cumulative gpa and a 3.20 science GPA with bench research experience, ER scribe experience, phlebotomy experience, clinical research experience. Do you think I have a change at getting an interview?

Hello, I do think you have a chance. Your GPAs are not too far off from mine, and you have both depth and breadth in your experiences. Just remember to prepare for the interview if called, that's really your time to deliver the performance of your life! Don't lose hope and follow up with schools if you haven't heard back in a while!

Hello, I do think you have a chance. Your GPAs are not too far off from mine, and you have both depth and breadth in your experiences. Just remember to prepare for the interview if called, that's really your time to deliver the performance of your life! Don't lose hope and follow up with schools if you haven't heard back in a while!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys! I am a 1st year PA student at Upstate. Just wanted to wish you all luck in the interviews! I know it is a stressful time, but keep up the positivity :-) 

If you have any questions, I can try to answer the best I can, as quickly as I can.

For out-of-staters-- we have 2 non-NYS residents, and I think that has been the norm in the past couple years.

Good luck to all! 

Can you provide some insight as to how the interview process works?  Did you do anything in particular to prepare for your interview last year?

Can you provide some insight as to how the interview process works?  Did you do anything in particular to prepare for your interview last year?

Upstate uses the MMI (Multiple mini interview) format for their interviews. I would google and youtube "MMI style interviews" so you can get some more information on this new format. I would also try and read up on current healthcare issues, SUNY Upstate's PA program, and common ethical dilemmas in medicine. When answering the questions, always think about the patient's well being as your top priority. Other than that, know who you are, what your strengths are, why you want to be a PA, and try not to over-think things! Be cool, calm, and collected, and let your passion and individuality shine on interview day. Remember that you want to connect with your interviewers so be memorable, genuine, and have fun with it! I hope that helped, let me know if you'd like me to expand on anything.

Archived