I received an acceptance letter as well! I interviewed on August 30th, the letter is dated September 13th, got it in the mail Saturday the 17th (I am in Dallas). It said it must be returned by Wednesday the 21st, so I overnighted it this morning. Congratulations to everyone who was accepted, can't wait to meet those who will be joining me! Good luck to everyone still waiting!

I'm also an alternate. Do y'all remember how many people they said would be on the alternate list? And regarding monitoring CASPA for updates... Do we have 48 hours to reply to them from when CASPA updates, when the potential letter is postmarked, or when we get the letter?

Anybody have any info?

I'm also an alternate. Do y'all remember how many people they said would be on the alternate list? And regarding monitoring CASPA for updates... Do we have 48 hours to reply to them from when CASPA updates, when the potential letter is postmarked, or when we get the letter?

Anybody have any info?

From my understanding it is 10 days from when the letter is written.

Just got a call that I'm off the list and got accepted!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats!! How did that process work/ did it show up on your CASPA? And did they tell you how long the list was by any chance? Aka any info for the rest of us waiting? Haha

Congrats!! How did that process work/ did it show up on your CASPA? And did they tell you how long the list was by any chance? Aka any info for the rest of us waiting? Haha

They called me this morning and asked if I was still interested (duh) and said they would send me a letter and email next week, between my excitement and the sight of my mom jumping up and down in the corner I don't remember if they said anything else significant LOL. They didn't mention the length of the list I'm sorry!

• Upvote 1

Has anyone who is accepted heard back about their deposit being received?

I sent in my deposit and acceptance 1 wk ago and haven't heard back since. I wouldn't be worried. If you have any questions, just send them an email and they'll give you Some resolve.

They called me this morning and asked if I was still interested (duh) and said they would send me a letter and email next week, between my excitement and the sight of my mom jumping up and down in the corner I don't remember if they said anything else significant LOL. They didn't mention the length of the list I'm sorry!

there are 20 people on the alternate list. Well, now 19.

Hey y'all! I made a class Facebook page so we can all stay in touch before class starts in January. It's "LSUHSC New Orleans Physician Assistant Program Clss of 2019". You can also add me on FB and I'll add you. My name is Hannah December.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Eboudreau
      Greetings future PAs,
      My name is Elizabeth and this is my second year applying to MEDEX with my first interview. I am very excited and nervous at the same time. I'm unsure on how the Zoom interview will go and I want to reach out to anyone else that feels the same way. Id love to get to know a few of you prior to the Zoom interview to feel a bit more comfortable. I look forward to meeting you all on 11/14, and hopefully one day in the classroom.
      Sincerely, 
      Elizabeth Boudreau 
    • By NeurosugeryPAC
      Hey Guys, my name is Benjamin. I work in Neurosurgery. I’m a PA-C. I received over 25 interviews when I was applying to schools. If you are getting interviews but not acceptances I would love to help. Check out www.physicianassistantschooladvice.org it lays out some good ideas to help get you that edge. 
      cheers,
      Benjamin
    • By mmjpa
      I am looking for online or in person (not hopeful for this at the moment) shadowing opportunities in the La Crosse area. Anywhere in Wisconsin would be amazing as well. 
    • By EMT0409
      Hello everyone, 
      starting a thread for the new Canisius College PA program. I am currently applying to the program and wondering if anyone has heard about the program overall, or professors/admin. Anyone else applying and nervous about the provisional accreditation? Hoping this program turns out well! Starts January 2021. 
    • By emrose4242
      Hi! I was recently accepted into a program that I didn't think I would be too fond of, but I ended up falling in love with the program! I am interviewing at my original top choice on the 13th, and I have been having a hard time deciding what school I would choose if I were to get in to this other program as well. I would love to hear what current students think. School A (the one I have already been accepted to) is a 1 hour commute, ( I can't afford to move or get an apartment, I am lucky enough to live with my boyfriend who pays the mortgage). This is the biggest downside to this school. I don't know how commuting an hour both ways, 5 days a week, will work with the course load. School B is a 30 minute commute. School A is also about $15,000 more expensive. The reason I justify price is that this program is 28 months, which is 4 months longer than school B (where I am interviewing on the 13th). I love that the clinical rotations are 5 weeks, instead of 4 at school B. There are also 2 elective clinical sites and school A, as opposed to only 1 at school B. They are both very new programs so they're pretty comparable when it comes to everything else that I've looked into!

So my questions are:
      1. If you have a long commute to your PA program, do you regret it/how do you like it?
      2. Will 1 additional week in each clinical site and 1 additional elective make a difference/ is it worth the $15,000 additional?
      3. Will I get to the 24 month point at school A and wish that I went to school B so that I could be finished already?
      Thank you so much for any input you all can provide!!

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More