California Baptist University

Got a call last week... accepted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Beyond excited for this opportunity, God is so good. I am definitely a non-trad applicant, so don't give up hope. Good luck everyone, and hope to hear of more acceptances soon!! Go Class of 2019!!

Congratulations! When did you interview with CBU?

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know they've called a couple people to tell them they have been accepted already! But don't give up hope if you interviewed and haven't heard back yet or if you haven't interviewed yet! I talked to one of the students and he said that it's likely that they'll do one last interview then send a bulk of the invitations within a month or two of finishing the last interviews. Good luck!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi everybody,

I just got a call to attend an interview for Cal Baptists in march!

For those of you that have been through the interview process, do you have any tips on how to prepare for the interview? Was there any specific topic they focused on? 

I appreciate any input here! 

Hi everybody,

For those of you that have been through the interview process, do you have any tips on how to prepare for the interview? Was there any specific topic they focused on? 

It's a group interview so be prepared for that. Pretty laid back and conversational. Good luck.

Hi everybody,

I read Andrew Rodican's book "How to Ace..." through three times, it's not long but a great way to get ideas for your answers. Practice, practice, practice your answers. I also printed off the faculty's pictures from the website to practice speaking to them. Also, read through the CA Policy's for PA practice. Very important to know this. Good luck and God Bless!

• 2 weeks later...

Any tips on how to prepare for the "math" portion of the testing on interview day? I haven't taken a math course in 3 years. A little rusty over here :)

It was the same math logic in the test I had to take when I was hired as a medical assistant. It's medication measurements and conversions. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My application was confirmed in December and I haven't heard a peep of information about anything from the school. I know several people that have received denial letters in the mail... I sent a polite email 2 weeks ago and was told there are still several rounds of interviews left and my application is in review with faculty. I find it hard to believe that they are only holding one more group interview.

My application was confirmed in December and I haven't heard a peep of information about anything from the school. I know several people that have received denial letters in the mail... I sent a polite email 2 weeks ago and was told there are still several rounds of interviews left and my application is in review with faculty. I find it hard to believe that they are only holding one more group interview.

I just got a call yesterday afternoon for an interview invite for 3/23. Really short notice but I think it's happening...

Congratulations!! When did you apply, interview, etc?

Let me think.. I applied in October and had my interview on January 20th. I had not heard anything for the last couple of months until this last week. I had quite a few more patient care hours since starting to fill out my CASPA in April (like over 2000 more hours than I had originally written), so I emailed them with the updated hours. I got a call like 2 days after that, so I am assuming it had an impact!

Hello all, 

The current first year CBU PA students are conducting a PA Q&A session on April 6th at 4:30pm at the CBU campus, for any and all who are interested in learning more about the program and what life is like as a PA student. It seems like an excellent opportunity to get more information and to get to know the current faculty and PA class more. Here is the link to the sign-up page as well as more information about the Q&A session. 

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/cbu-pa-program-qa-tickets-32788809211

God Bless!

Archived