WMU Class of 2019

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's good to know! nehigley, I really hope you get in! :)

I'm wondering when they'll be sending out the next round of interview invites... I know they don't interview in November, so I'm guessing at the end of this month!

@sarahn113, thank you! I will update if/when I hear something. Western is my top choice. I'm hoping it will be sometime this week!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@nehigley, can I ask what put it at the top of your list over other schools?

For me, it was most important that I could be close to home. My husband works in GR and I wanted to be able to live with him while in school. Also, talking to the PAs I work with, they regard Western as one of the best programs in the state (one of the oldest and most established as well!) Finally, tuition-wise it is one of the cheapest that I applied to, and for anyone who is currently paying back undergrad, they definitely know what I'm talkin' about. :)

All these things as well as having great facilities and experienced staff make it the best option for myself. I hope this helps!

Hello Fellow Applicants -

Nothing against Michigan but I had previously not looked at the state's options! Last week my partner received two different residency interviews at Michigan hospitals, I now am highly interested in applying for PA school in the state. Western seems like a great program too and is open, however my application would be very late.

I am considering in contacting their admissions rep to ask if they're still reviewing applicants and/or a little about my reasoning for applying late. Any advice on this from interactions any of you have had with their staff? I did see they're continuing to interview into spring!

One last thing, I received a B/C in Biochemistry. I am retaking the course this spring however I cannot include it in the Western application. I wanted to make sure this did not count as a C in Western's eyes (so if anyone else applied and was verified with a B/C please confirm). Thanks for any advice!

Hello Fellow Applicants -

Nothing against Michigan but I had previously not looked at the state's options! Last week my partner received two different residency interviews at Michigan hospitals, I now am highly interested in applying for PA school in the state. Western seems like a great program too and is open, however my application would be very late.

I am considering in contacting their admissions rep to ask if they're still reviewing applicants and/or a little about my reasoning for applying late. Any advice on this from interactions any of you have had with their staff? I did see they're continuing to interview into spring!

One last thing, I received a B/C in Biochemistry. I am retaking the course this spring however I cannot include it in the Western application. I wanted to make sure this did not count as a C in Western's eyes (so if anyone else applied and was verified with a B/C please confirm). Thanks for any advice!

Hi there!

First, you are not too late at all! WMU does not review your file until all of your pre-requisites are done. So for many people who are taking fall classes, they are not out of the running. I would recommend that you still apply and see where the chips fall.

If all your prerequisite classes are done, then your file will be reviewed even sooner than all those other folks.

As for the B/C- I'm not sure. I would assume that a safe bet would be that WMU would take the same grade that CASPA did.

Good luck with your application!

Yay! Congratulations, nehigley!

I haven't received anything yet but since they just accepted their first round of applicants, they will probably send out more soon! From the information session, I was told that there will be interviews taking place in December. So I would say keep an eye on your email, guys! :)

I had my interview at Western on Oct. 28th and was told we would hear back by e-mail either way (accepted or not) within 8-10 business days. It's been way past that and still haven't heard anything..... has anyone from this interview date heard anything? I don't know when to give up hope, the waiting is getting more difficult each day :( 

I had my interview at Western on Oct. 28th and was told we would hear back by e-mail either way (accepted or not) within 8-10 business days. It's been way past that and still haven't heard anything..... has anyone from this interview date heard anything? I don't know when to give up hope, the waiting is getting more difficult each day :(

I was at that interview as well! I also was getting frustrated with the waiting game. I did hear on this last Monday that I was accepted, though.

I would check your spam box. I would also email Holly and ask for an update. When I emailed her a couple weeks ago she was great about getting back to me within a couple hours!

Best of luck to you and hang in there!

Archived