WMU Class of 2019

Greetings everyone! I wanted to start a new post for those of us applying to WMU for the class of 2019.

My email from Holly letting me know my application was complete was sent sometime in early July, and now the waiting game begins...

From the looks of things, interview invites were not sent out until October last year so we probably will not hear anything for some time. 

Good luck everyone!

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...

Yes, you will receive an email stating that they have obtained both your CASPA and supplemental application and that they are both complete.

My guess is that there is a higher volume of applications being received currently and it is just taking a long time to sort through everything.

I wouldn't be too worried knowing that there likely has been no interview invites sent out yet, so you haven't missed the boat. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all!

I'm a bit late in the game on this application. Should I still apply? If so, did you download the supplemental and type out your essay, or simply write it by hand after printing?

Thanks!

Hi, yes! You should still apply. I recently went to an information session at Western and they said they really drag out the interview process (October, December, January and February) because they said some of their best applicants come later. And also, they don't send you interview invites based on how early you submit your CASPA and supplemental, but rather on a ranking basis. 

For my supplemental, I printed it out, filled out everything by hand and then typed out the essays and attached them to the back. 

Hope this helps :)

Hi, yes! You should still apply. I recently went to an information session at Western and they said they really drag out the interview process (October, December, January and February) because they said some of their best applicants come later. And also, they don't send you interview invites based on how early you submit your CASPA and supplemental, but rather on a ranking basis. 

For my supplemental, I printed it out, filled out everything by hand and then typed out the essays and attached them to the back. 

Hope this helps :)

This does help! Thank you so much :) I appreciate your quick response!!

In the email they sent me about receiving my CASPA and supplemental application they mentioned sending any extra hours to the school via email. Should I send my extra hours now since they are starting interviews soon or wait until it's closer to the December 1st deadline so I have as many hours as I can (I still have way over the minimum, just curious)?

In the email they sent me about receiving my CASPA and supplemental application they mentioned sending any extra hours to the school via email. Should I send my extra hours now since they are starting interviews soon or wait until it's closer to the December 1st deadline so I have as many hours as I can (I still have way over the minimum, just curious)?

Hey! At the information meeting I was at, Holly said it isn't that important to send in updated numbers because what they'll be looking at is what you have at the time but they are always willing to update and recalculate for you. So, you should update it as soon as possible! Especially if you submitted early and have several months worth of hours to report. Hope this helps!

Thank God Holly sent a reminder email about accepting the interview offer! I got the email today an hour ago and was SO confused because I didn't see anything from WMU prior to the reminder email, so I checked my Spam and there it was, sitting there for 10 days, unopened... neglected. LESSON LEARNED. Check your Spam folders for interview offers from schools! It happens. I'll see everyone next Friday.

• 2 weeks later...

Interviews were great! Personally, I felt like they did well making us feel very welcomed and relaxed. The day was shorter compared to other interviews I attended. As far as acceptances go, I have not received one . Holly explained that it would likely be about 8-10 days before we would hear anything, and she anticipated that at that point most of us would hear something either way. So likely next week!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived