2016-2017 Cycle

Hey everyone!

I will be coming into town from Texas 1/5 afternoon, interviewing on 1/6 and leaving 1/7. If anyone wants to grab dinner or hangout on 1/5 feel free to message me back. I'm staying at the comfort inn. Super excited to meet you all :)

Hey cherryyberryy,

Im coming from california and have the exact same schedule as you. Maybe we can meet up if possible.

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey all! I'm flying in from California on a Red Eye on the night of the 4th... so I'm free the 5th to meet up for lunch/dinner/whatever. My interview is on the 6th as well! Staying at the Hampton Inn.

Message me directly! And good luck to you all. 

• 2 weeks later...

I received my rejection letter December 5 or 6th. Today I was extended an invite for January 6th. I am coming from Florida, so I am not exactly sure what I am doing as of yet. They suggested a warm coat and boots. Being from Florida, I am confused about wearing boots to an interview.

I received my rejection letter December 5 or 6th. Today I was extended an invite for January 6th. I am coming from Florida, so I am not exactly sure what I am doing as of yet. They suggested a warm coat and boots. Being from Florida, I am confused about wearing boots to an interview ha. 

That's interesting... you were rejected then they changed their mind? Never heard of that.

I'm coming from California so I feel you on the weather worry. I think I am going to wear warm boots and a coat over my suit, then just bring alternative shoes and my suit jacket to change into once indoors.

That's interesting... you were rejected then they changed their mind? Never heard of that.

I'm coming from California so I feel you on the weather worry. I think I am going to wear warm boots and a coat over my suit, then just bring alternative shoes and my suit jacket to change into once indoors.

I emailed them requesting why I was rejected and how I could improve. All cGPA under 3.3 were automatic rejected due to the over whelming volume of applicants. Apparently, they were not able to view them all?

I sent a rather snide email outlining that I went from a freshmen 1.75cGPA, due to taking care of a dying loved one to never falling below a 3.6GPA and inevitably graduating with a 3.65cGPA with 3.62sGPA (85 credits of science). The courses I performed horrible were non college level and should be dropped but PAEA suggest that it is relevant.

I simply stated, that it was unfortunate that applicants like myself will be overlooked due to courses that were taken 6+ years ago, rather than be judged on rigorous science courses that set a foundation for knowledge for understanding complex processes.

I gave them a brief synopsis of what occurred during my freshmen year and they replied that they would let me know. I would like to assume they reviewed my application and deemed I would be fit to compete with the rest of the applicants whom received interviews.

I am extremely grateful for whomever went out of their way to help me. For a year and a half I have felt overlooked by many programs due to the cGPA, regardless of my sGPA, PCE, and other involvements.

A co-worker from a different unit will be attending the interview on the 7th. We figured we would plan out flight and hotel together and maybe explore Syracuse and make the trip a little cheaper. I have also ever seen snow ha!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I emailed them requesting why I was rejected and how I could improve. All cGPA under 3.3 were automatic rejected due to the over whelming volume of applicants. Apparently, they were not able to view them all?

I sent a rather snide email outlining that I went from a freshmen 1.75cGPA, due to taking care of a dying loved one to never falling below a 3.6GPA and inevitably graduating with a 3.65cGPA with 3.62sGPA (85 credits of science). The courses I performed horrible were non college level and should be dropped but PAEA suggest that it is relevant.

I simply stated, that it was unfortunate that applicants like myself will be overlooked due to courses that were taken 6+ years ago, rather than be judged on rigorous science courses that set a foundation for knowledge for understanding complex processes.

I gave them a brief synopsis of what occurred during my freshmen year and they replied that they would let me know. I would like to assume they reviewed my application and deemed I would be fit to compete with the rest of the applicants whom received interviews.

I am extremely grateful for whomever went out of their way to help me. For a year and a half I have felt overlooked by many programs due to the cGPA, regardless of my sGPA, PCE, and other involvements.

A co-worker from a different unit will be attending the interview on the 7th. We figured we would plan out flight and hotel together and maybe explore Syracuse and make the trip a little cheaper. I have also ever seen snow ha!

oh wow. well congrats and way to be persistent! See you January 6th then!

Hello everyone, 

I have the interview schedule on Jan 5th, and I was wondering if anyone could tell me how bad is the driving condition in Syracuse?

I am from Virginia, so I don't really drive in snow that much. I am planning to drive there so is the road condition up there drivable?

Also, what to wear for the interview since I figured there will be a lot of snow in Jan. Are you guys planning to wear boots, flats, or heels? I never had an interview in this weather before.

Thank you so much!

-VK

Hello everyone, 

I have the interview schedule on Jan 5th, and I was wondering if anyone could tell me how bad is the driving condition in Syracuse?

I am from Virginia, so I don't really drive in snow that much. I am planning to drive there so is the road condition up there drivable?

Also, what to wear for the interview since I figured there will be a lot of snow in Jan. Are you guys planning to wear boots, flats, or heels? I never had an interview in this weather before.

Thank you so much!

-VK

Hi! I'm from CA but my colleague lives in Syracuse... I imagine the roads are drivable as they use salt on the ice and they are used to those kind of conditions. However, definitely allow for PLENTY of time to come in, especially since you're not used to it and will likely be driving slow, may have to pull over, etc. 

As for what to wear... I'm in the same boat. But I think I'm going to wear my suit (hold my suit jacket), boots and warm socks, a warmer jacket, ear muffs... Then just bring my heels and my suit jacket. I imagine the moment we step inside we can put our wet jacket and boots aside and get changed! They know the weather and what the deal is... I'm sure anything goes without any real judgments. 

Hey everyone, Happy Holidays!

I spoke to my friend who went to Le Moyne/grew up in Syracuse. She said bring boots if you plan on doing a tour... but if you are just going to get dropped off via cab/uber in front of the building we are interviewing, then just wear your usual outfit and bring a warmer coat. The email said the tour was optional.

If you plan on doing the tour, or parking in the parking lot and walking to the building, then bring some warm boots. You can bring a change of shoes and change the moment we get inside the building. Just bring a plastic bag or something to put your wet boots/gear in.

I think I'm going to just wear my heels and bring a coat, just to make my life easier... I don't feel the need for a tour anyway, I'm gonna take a look around the day before on my own.

Hope that helps... 

Hey everyone, Happy Holidays!

I spoke to my friend who went to Le Moyne/grew up in Syracuse. She said bring boots if you plan on doing a tour... but if you are just going to get dropped off via cab/uber in front of the building we are interviewing, then just wear your usual outfit and bring a warmer coat. The email said the tour was optional.

If you plan on doing the tour, or parking in the parking lot and walking to the building, then bring some warm boots. You can bring a change of shoes and change the moment we get inside the building. Just bring a plastic bag or something to put your wet boots/gear in.

I think I'm going to just wear my heels and bring a coat, just to make my life easier... I don't feel the need for a tour anyway, I'm gonna take a look around the day before on my own.

Hope that helps...

Happy Holidays and Thank You, cnp91!!! I was curious about this. It was very helpful!. :)

Hey everyone,

I am from the Syracuse area, my interview is the 7th! :) As of right now there isn't much snow its been in the 40s but NY weather is highly bipolar and we can have a winter storm at any time. I would just check the weather a few days before you come. Its pretty cold in January but if you are just walking from your car to the building those who want to wear heels should be fine but winter jackets are needed! Feel free to message me if you want weather updates and do not trust what the forecast says or want any suggestions for food or activities. Destiny USA (it's a huge mall) has legit everything, so if you have any free time I would stop by, you could easily spend all day there. Good luck everyone and I will meet some of you soon!

Hey everyone,

I am from the Syracuse area, my interview is the 7th! :) As of right now there isn't much snow its been in the 40s but NY weather is highly bipolar and we can have a winter storm at any time. I would just check the weather a few days before you come. Its pretty cold in January but if you are just walking from your car to the building those who want to wear heels should be fine but winter jackets are needed! Feel free to message me if you want weather updates and do not trust what the forecast says or want any suggestions for food or activities. Destiny USA (it's a huge mall) has legit everything, so if you have any free time I would stop by, you could easily spend all day there. Good luck everyone and I will meet some of you soon!

Thank you so much for the updates!

My interview is on the 5th, so I will be asking you again 

This is my first interview for PA program, does anybody have some tips to prepare for this?

Archived