2016-2017 Cycle

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Current 1st year, feel fee to ask any questions where I can help!

Hi! I received the interview for January and I'm wondering if there is actual dissection in your Anatomy Lab? Are there prosections? Also, why did you choose Le Moyne over other schools and what do you think makes it stand out from other programs (for you?)? Thanks so much!!

Hi! I received the interview for January and I'm wondering if there is actual dissection in your Anatomy Lab? Are there prosections? Also, why did you choose Le Moyne over other schools and what do you think makes it stand out from other programs (for you?)? Thanks so much!!

Congrats! When did you apply?

Current 1st year, feel fee to ask any questions where I can help!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi! 

I noticed on the Le Moyne PA webpage, the interviews consist of an individual interview, a group interview and then a written essay. Could you describe what that was like? 

Also, I live in NYC, so I would definitely have to move there for school. Did you already live in Syracuse or did you have to move as well?

We actually do all the dissections, no prosecutions. Syracuse is a "big little town" that's how the locals describe it! I'm from San Diego Ca so I wanted to go somewhere different. I really felt like I fit there when I went on my interview. The admission director Ms Mary Springston was very eager and excited and told us all about their program. I like that they follow a systems based program where they try to align the systems with all of the classes. Not all PA schools do that but now that I am here I feel like it helps things click a lot better . The faculty that interviewed me sold the school to me- they were so inviting and they answered all 5 of my questions with great explanation. Le Moyne really focuses on treating the entire patient. I really enjoy our medical humanities classes, it really help you understand the other aspects of medicine beside the physical diagnosis , pharmacology and pathophysiology of disease, etc. Now that I'm here I'm glad I chose to come here, all our professors are amazing , they really want you to succeed and they really are there for you!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Today is start of week . I am crossing my fingers for an interview . lets see . Really tense. In the above post , i didnt get any IV , I was mentioning about someone else post regarding anatomy disection . Guys please make this forum more lively . 

Hi Mani2012, I agree the stress levels are high** and I cannot stop checking my email or this forum. Does anyone know how many interview invites go out? I am hoping to hear something!

My CASPA application was verified in August, but I submitted payment to this program on September 25th. After I initially verified my application, I think August 8th, all future programs I applied to were verified within hours after payment. So for them I think it would appear that I was "verified" in September? Who knows what the process is....maybe they review applications on a certain day of the week? Maybe each person has their own stack and sends out invites once their done, maybe they go by last name? Aggghhh....it really doesn't matter I guess. However, we have a whole lot of November remaining so lets just keep positive :) Do you all have any other interviews? I have two others and the nerves are pumping! 

Archived