2016-2017 Application Cycle

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not heard back at all. I normally lump the "3+ months with no contact" as a silent rejection, just wanted to see if anyone else is in the same boat.

Aw I am sorry. I know they are still doing interviews currently, but I am not sure if that ends soon. Final decisions are made in February. I wish the best of luck to you!!

Received my acceptance two days ago and interviewed 12/2!!!! So excited!!! For those still waiting to hear back, they mentioned 12/2 "might be the last interview date." It sounded like they wanted to try to have things finalized by Christmas break. But still hold hope, anything could happen! 

Received my acceptance two days ago and interviewed 12/2!!!! So excited!!! For those still waiting to hear back, they mentioned 12/2 "might be the last interview date." It sounded like they wanted to try to have things finalized by Christmas break. But still hold hope, anything could happen! 

Do you know if they are making more calls? I interviewed on 12/2 as well.

I just got accepted to Trevecca's class of 2019 (starting in May 2017) and submitted my deposit today. Yayy!! I'm thinking of creating a facebook group for "Trevecca PA class of 2019." Whoever else has been accepted, send me a message and I'll add you :) See you all soon and good luck to those interviewing!

I was accepted about a month and a half ago and would love to be added to the page!!

Can you give any insight on some of the locations of rotations? I feel like they didn't give much information at the interview! Thanks!!

Hey there! I don't have much information on that. They haven't talked too much with us about it yet. We were told that rotation plans for our class will begin this February, so I will try to relay information when I learn it! 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@PA-S18 Hi! I recently contacted the school to ask about pre-reqs but since you're a current student I hope you can help answer my question! I'm in the process of getting pre-req coursework done (already have a Master's degree in clinical counseling psychology) and received a 4.0 in my graduate program. Was a bio major wayyyy back in 2004-2005 so obviously I need re-do the science courses in order to apply. I'm taking them at community college in Pennsylvania where I live... but while expanding my school search, I saw that Trevecca does not accept online courses. I already took A&P I with a lab online and just started A&P II with lab online. I'm considering dropping the course and retaking both in person since noticing that Trevecca will not accept online science courses... :( In your experience, have you known anyone that the committee will occasionally accept students with these scenarios? Also, any tips on how to be a competitive applicant? Currently, Trevecca is my top choice! Do you mind sharing a little bit about your own stats and tips on getting into Trevecca as well? Thanks again!

@PA-S18 Hi! I recently contacted the school to ask about pre-reqs but since you're a current student I hope you can help answer my question! I'm in the process of getting pre-req coursework done (already have a Master's degree in clinical counseling psychology) and received a 4.0 in my graduate program. Was a bio major wayyyy back in 2004-2005 so obviously I need re-do the science courses in order to apply. I'm taking them at community college in Pennsylvania where I live... but while expanding my school search, I saw that Trevecca does not accept online courses. I already took A&P I with a lab online and just started A&P II with lab online. I'm considering dropping the course and retaking both in person since noticing that Trevecca will not accept online science courses... :( In your experience, have you known anyone that the committee will occasionally accept students with these scenarios? Also, any tips on how to be a competitive applicant? Currently, Trevecca is my top choice! Do you mind sharing a little bit about your own stats and tips on getting into Trevecca as well? Thanks again!

I will say that Trevecca won't make exceptions to the rules because if they did it for one applicant then they would have to make exceptions for others, so I would say that they probably wouldn't accept your online courses if it is stated that they do not qualify. As far as being a competitive applicant, a nice GPA/GRE score will always get them looking and then from there just be sure that you have some type of experience within the medical field (whether it be shadowing or volunteering or doing hands on work). Also, just be genuine and be yourself and let that show through your application and essay responses. My GPA from undergrad was a 3.6 I believe and I made the minimum score on the GRE, but I shadowed a lot of different PAs in different specialties and I also worked as an athletic trainer for year after graduation. But we have multiple current students in the program with no background in medicine and are doing just a great as anyone else in the class. Hope this helps!! 

Archived