2016-2017 Application Cycle

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just got the acceptance call today and wanted to share my interview experience to help out anyone who has an upcoming interview. There was four one on one ten minute interviews and one portion where you typed a response to a question they provided. Everyone was very friendly and seemed to just want to get to know you. Most questions were about your personality (strengths, weaknesses, etc.), why you thought you would fit in at Trevecca, and what set you apart. I honestly thought I blew it (actually saw one of the interviewers write down "really nervous" on her paper), but somehow I got in so I wouldn't worry about having the perfect response to each question, just tell them who you are and why you are there and you will be fine.

Does trevecca have a simulation lab?

We have a cadaver lab in the first summer semester and then beginning in the spring we learn how to do procedures (casting on each other, intubating, sutures on pigs feet, learn how to scrub in for surgery/maneuver around table, drawing blood on each other, practice injections on each other, etc) and also in the fall we get to perform a pelvic exam on female patient and then we will perform male exams in the spring. I hope this answers your question! 

Hey there, I'm a current student in the program so if you guys have any questions I can try my best to answer them!! Good luck to everyone!!

Do you have any recommendations on what kind of laptop toget for the program? I was just recently accepted and they said I'd get more info (which apparently includes recommendations for laptops) by the first of next year but I was hoping to get a new laptop for Black Friday or Cyber Monday

Do you have any recommendations on what kind of laptop toget for the program? I was just recently accepted and they said I'd get more info (which apparently includes recommendations for laptops) by the first of next year but I was hoping to get a new laptop for Black Friday or Cyber Monday

Honestly, any laptop will work. Just not a tablet! The majority of our class has Macs and there are few that have an HP or a Dell. 

Any advice for the interviews for those who were accepted?

Interview process is organized and relaxed. They are there to get know you. There is no tricky questions just prepared for common interview question and tell them what do you think about it in general. Good luck ! !

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Archived