Shadowed the same PA, different specialties

Hi all-

I have a question about listing one of my shadowing experiences on CASPA. I shadowed the same PA in two different specialties, and I don't know if I should list that separately or together on the application.

I started shadowing this particular PA when she was working in a small, private orthopedics office, and have since followed her to a new job in otolaryngology/head+neck surgery at a large hospital. I have a significant amount of hours in both locations with this PA. I feel like I should list them separately because the amount of hours, locations, and types of patients we saw were different. However, I don't want to "double-dip" on my application by stating information twice. 

I spoke with CASPA customer service and the rep said it is ultimately up to me as to how I list these hours. Just wondering if anyone has gone through this same situation, or had any insight! (I do have other shadowing as well with other providers, but this one is where I'm struggling!) Thanks for the help!!

Archived