touro 2016-2017 applicants

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

I was also interviewed 01/30 Manhattan campus.. no response still. I reached out to Jennifer she said we will be hearing back by the end of March. I also spoke to an admin assistant (not Katrina) and she said by the end of May. They are taking quite a long time to respond.

Hey guys just curious what are your stats? I dont think my science gpa is that great

there's a strong, unique backstory to my GPA

entering into college (ugrad) my dad has a mitral valve regurge... emergency open heart to follow.  Then CHF, etc, etc, etc.. over ~17 years.. followed by pericarditis for an emergency pericardectomy in a Boston Hospital.  This greatly influenced my low GPA... but I've worked SO hard to overcome this..

2.9ugrad GPA

3.3 MS GPA

>4000 clinical hours as a pulmonary rehab coordinator

>2000 clinical hours as a pulmonary function technician

>4000 clinical hours as a clinical research coordinator (between 2 hospitals at the same time)

-Research Lab Manager for 4 years

>500 hours as a non-medical volunteer for the salvation army

>500 hours a medical volunteer for the boston athletic association (boston marathon and misc races)

-8 publications (first author pubs, posters, abstracts)

certified exercise phyisologist

ACLS

BLS

worked at 3 hospitals at the same time to accumulate all this...

and I'm still feeling disappointed I won't get in despite how hard I've worked to overcome my short comings due to family health issues that really, and unfortunately impacted my ugrad and the end of my MS...

:/

Anyhow, congrats to everyone who was accepted!  Really happy for you :)

Hey all! I have an interview @ Bay Shore the 19th. Could anyone tell me the interview layout? Some have said MMI, others have said 1 on 1s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congratulations!! Did they call or email you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived