OH- Case Western Reserve

• 5 weeks later...

Hi my friend, 

I submitted my application on 7/26. As of right now(August 16th) I have not heard anything either. On a side note,I noticed they changed their due date from 9/1/16 to 11/1/16. Maybe that has something to do with it. Best of luck this cycle. 

-Jon 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, 

I got an update email today at 10:40 am. I have it posted below. 

The TLDR; Still considering your application,interviews will go through January, and updates every few weeks. 

Hope that was helpful! 

Just a quick note to touch base with you and let you know where we are with our admissions process.  Interviews are going well and will continue through January 26, 2017.  We are beginning to offer a few (conditional) acceptances while continuing to review all interviewed applicants.

We are excited to be considering candidates for our second class from all over the United States. We continue to modify and enhance our didactic curriculum as we prepare for our first cohort’s clinical rotations. Our current students have begun their community engagement at Help Me Grow, Ohio’s early intervention program for children with developmentally impairments and delays. Additionally, we continue to grow our faculty adding additional expertise in the area of interprofessional education.

At present we are still actively considering your application.  We will try to update you regarding your status every couple weeks until completion of our admissions process.  We appreciate that you may have to respond to other programs before we can give you a definite response regarding your status.  We are doing our best to move through this process in a timely yet thoughtful manner.  

Thank you for your patience and understanding as we work through our admissions process.

Sincerely,

David Shafran, MD, MA
Medical Director and
Chair, Admissions Committee

Cynthia Booth Lord, MHS, PA-C
PA Program Director
Case Western Reserve University
Cleveland, Ohio

I didn't fly overnight, or have any luggage with me, but I know people that whom flew in brought their luggage with them. They just left it in the office during the interview process. They are very understanding for the out of state students. Hope that helped, and good luck to you!

I didn't fly overnight, or have any luggage with me, but I know people that whom flew in brought their luggage with them. They just left it in the office during the interview process. They are very understanding for the out of state students. Hope that helped, and good luck to you!

thank you for your advice!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I interviewed on Oct. 20th and received the call the next morning. I had a great time at the interview and enjoyed talking to the faculty, current students, and other interviewees. Interview day was long, but IMO relaxing and not too bad. They did a really good job explaining the program.

I do not have perfect stats but really tried to showcase my experiences and desire to be a PA during the interview. They are more concerned finding students who will fit in their program than students with perfect applications. 

I interviewed on Nov 3. and received a call two hours after it ended. The program is definitely great with such a passionate and inspiring faculty. All of them did a great job on showing that they are genuinely interested in each applicant as a person, not just numbers :) And I'm sure the program will go much farther with the Founding Director Cindy Lord. Good luck everyone :)

Archived