2017 Applicant's- Post here

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have the same issue with blackboard

I called and email and solution yet

Hey Guys!!

Congrats to those who tested today, its done and over with, whew!! Also, good luck to those testing tomorrow, stay calm! Pinecrest, how funny I got 79 the first time, and 85 last year lol what a coincidence! Congrats!

I'm testing Thursday the 23rd @ 1pm, I hope I get to meet some of you guys! Sending positive vibes to all of you.

(FYI, I am also not able to log in to my blackboard, I changed my password 12982813 times, and nothing. =/ ).

Stephanie

Hey Guys!!

Congrats to those who tested today, its done and over with, whew!! Also, good luck to those testing tomorrow, stay calm! Pinecrest, how funny I got 79 the first time, and 85 last year lol what a coincidence! Congrats!

I'm testing Thursday the 23rd @ 1pm, I hope I get to meet some of you guys! Sending positive vibes to all of you.

(FYI, I am also not able to log in to my blackboard, I changed my password 12982813 times, and nothing. =/ ).

Stephanie

Hi Stephanie, have you heard back from anyone regarding the blackboard issue? I as well have the exam tomorrow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok, so trying to decide if I should be relieved, depressed, happy or horrified - got a 75 on the test which seems to be not good enough to be sure of an interview and high enough not to count myself out of the race [emoji3].

Test was appropriate I think - nothing I was shocked at other than myself totally blanking in a few areas. I asked some people their scores... highest I heard was an 85 lowest was 60 (I probably asked 10 people.). I was prob in the 1st 25% of the people who finished so curious to know if taking more time translates to higher or lower scores.

Everyone I spoke to was really professional and awesome - so at the very least I'm honored I was invited to take the test with a great group of people.

I will remain optimistic!

Ok, so trying to decide if I should be relieved, depressed, happy or horrified - got a 75 on the test which seems to be not good enough to be sure of an interview and high enough not to count myself out of the race [emoji3].

Test was appropriate I think - nothing I was shocked at other than myself totally blanking in a few areas. I asked some people their scores... highest I heard was an 85 lowest was 60 (I probably asked 10 people.). I was prob in the 1st 25% of the people who finished so curious to know if taking more time translates to higher or lower scores.

Everyone I spoke to was really professional and awesome - so at the very least I'm honored I was invited to take the test with a great group of people.

I will remain optimistic!

You never know. It all depends on the average and how people did. If the average is low you probably have a good chance.

From previous posts some people have gotten less points after retaking the exam and viceversa.

We just have to wait and hope in your case the average is low.

Also, as you can see having a high score doesn't guarantee anything. So every step counts.

Does anyone know how they average your score base on the essay and test?

We can only estimate from what people post here or what other people say after the test. But you wont know your average or how you did on your essay until A. You get an interview or B. You get a reapply email in May.

Anyone else want to share their scores?  And maybe the date/time you took your test?  I know we have a lot of lurkers on this board who read and don't post - I met two really nice ones yesterday :)  Since we are all in the same wait and see position it might kill some time..........

And, I feel like my score can go either way with the interview vs. no interview so would be great to see what other scores came out of my session (all sessions really)

I took mine on 2/22 in the 8 am session - score of 75.

Have a great day and good luck to everyone!

Im sure today has the last two exam sessions. I heard only 300 students applied this year, so 50 students per session morning/afternoon from

2-21/2-23. And yes it would be nice for applicants to post their scores. 

GPA-3.6

Test-85

Experience- 2 years @ Hospital

Shadowing: 3 PA's 300+ hours 

4 LOR

4 Surgical specialty shadowing experiences 

Second time applying, got interviewed last year but my nerves killed me. 

Awesome. 

GPA-3.75 bachelor's in biology

Test- 86

Lots of scribing and shadowing experience!

Honestly, I think the most important thing is killing the interview, and also depends on their perception of you at the interview.

So many qualified applicants don't make it past the interview, so it makes it so nerve wrecking!!!

good luck to all of us haha

Thanks for sharing your stats. I'm a "non traditional" applicant - aka I'm a 47 year old, divorced mother of 3 teenagers . I have a bachelors degree from 1992 [emoji12]

Gpa (since returning to school to take pre-reqs) 3.8

Science gpa 3.9 (stupid b from an online anatomy lab - duh - anatomy labs are better in person!).

100 hours shadowing PA

Many years of pharma/ medical sales

Yoga, meditation, wellness instructor at drug treatment centers / inpatient medical detox for last 4 years - not sure if that's going to count as hce or not....

And, a 75 on the test.

Archived