Alright, both the positive and the negative opinions are out there. The interviewing students can decide for themselves. I feel like continuing this debate is pointless and immature. I'm genuinely sorry you guys had a bad experience, I really am. I can say with complete honesty I have not and I know others who have not either. But if you feel like it was important to warn others of your experience, then mission accomplished. Good luck on your endeavors as well.

To change the subject... Congratulations to the few of you that posted about your acceptance. Whether you end up here or not, to have interviewed and been accepted so early in the cycle speaks volumes about your application. Good luck! Hope to see you out there in the field someday :)

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To change the subject... Congratulations to the few of you that posted about your acceptance. Whether you end up here or not, to have interviewed and been accepted so early in the cycle speaks volumes about your application. Good luck! Hope to see you out there in the field someday :)

Thank you! I'm very excited to stay a shark. 

Hey guys! Looks like Renee made the Facebook group. It's NSU Physician Assistant Fort Myers Class of 2019!

Good luck to those who haven't heard back yet or have yet to interview. I had a great experience at my interview and the current first year class was so nice and everyone was willing to answer any questions I had.

I have been following this page for some time and weighing the benefits of sharing my opinion and experience. I can honestly say that every comment warning future students has certainly resonated with me and it would be wrong to sit in silence and not warn others about the sweeping void that is NSU Fort Myers.

I’ve seen a total of 2 commenters who vociferously support the school. However, they neglect to address the biggest complaints. PA school is hard. Didactic year is hard. That is a given no matter where you go, but the majority of the complaints about the Nova Fort Myers campus are in regards to clinical rotations, and that has nothing to do with ones “testicular fortitude”. Didactic year is up to you. Whatever BS minutiae they throw your way; you are the one with the power to fail or pass. During clinical year everything is out of your hands and you are at the mercy of a clinical staff that has, by and large, done a bang up job of alienating willing preceptors and bungling the assignments/implementation of what sites they do manage to maintain. As a result, they allow students to rotate at sites that are subpar at best.  So your reward for busting your tail to get through didactic year is that you can expect one of the following to happen to you or one of your friends:

1. It is the day before you are to start a new rotation and you still have no idea where you have been placed.
  2. You’ve set up your own rotation and submitted the request 6+ months in advance and Nova staff tells you that your site dropped the ball, but you know that is a lie because the preceptor has done everything required.
  3. You have a family and/or pets and are told with a days notice your rotation is in another town.
  4. You are asked by the preceptor or their staff to violate the clinical handbook and you have two options: A. you do it. B. you don’t do it. End result of both: you were wrong and you are now in trouble.
  5. You might not have a preceptor at all and are told that it's your own fault, even though they won't accept the sites you set up for yourself and somehow don’t manage to find one for you. This in spite of the fact that securing you a rotation and the needed credentials is their ENTIRE job.  

The list is truly endless, but I think the point is made. 

Additionally, my experience has resulted in exceptional skepticism when reading glowing reviews, because faculty/staff have a super fun habit of infiltrating the various social media sites frequented by students in order to lurk, make comments, and bust students for the rule de jour. Consider yourself warned in that regard as well.

Honestly, maybe you’ll be the luckiest son of a gun on the planet and every one of your rotations will be exceptional, but you will watch the above happen to your friends and classmates. Are you comfortable taking the gamble that it won't happen to you?  Will it sit well with you watch bright hard working classmates do everything right only to watch apathetic and willfully vengefully clinical team cut off every possible avenue leaving them with no options? If you can answer yes to these questions, then welcome to NSU Fort Myers, the best place to cry is in the bathroom, but you might also get in trouble for that.

THIS WAS BY FAR THE TRUTH IN EVERY ASPECT. Attending this school was by far the worst decision I have ever made in my life. The lies we were constantly told was damaging to their reputation in my mind. If you, the prospective students think for even one minute we are bitter students think again, we are former students who have been through it all and are warning you for good reason. We do not want to see what happened to us happen to you. Regardless you will become a PA-C, although getting to that point was threatening to some students for no apparent reason. Good luck with whatever your decision maybe.

Hey guys! I interviewed at 12:30 pm on 9/23 and I'm just wondering if anyone who interviewed in that time slot heard anything yet.

Hey! I interviewed with you on 9/23. I have not received an acceptance letter in the mail yet, but I did receive an e-mail from Renee (yesterday, 10/10) with a link to the Facebook page for accepted applicants. So I am assuming that is good news! Anyone else from 9/23 hear anything?

Hey! I interviewed with you on 9/23. I have not received an acceptance letter in the mail yet, but I did receive an e-mail from Renee (yesterday, 10/10) with a link to the Facebook page for accepted applicants. So I am assuming that is good news! Anyone else from 9/23 hear anything?

I interviewed on 9/16 in the afternoon and have not yet received a letter in the mail. However, the same thing happened to me. I was invited to the accepted applicants Facebook page yesterday by Renee.

I interviewed on 9/16 in the afternoon and have not yet received a letter in the mail. However, the same thing happened to me. I was invited to the accepted applicants Facebook page yesterday by Renee.

Same thing happened to me. I emailed back asking if it was a mistake or if I should be getting a more formal notification soon. Renee told me my acceptance letter was on the way!

Hey class of 2017, how are those clinicals working out for you? 

A word to those who will be starting in May 2017, as soon as possible you should remove Renee from your class' facebook page, or create your own class page. She's rather sneaky and I wouldn't trust her as far as I could throw her. 

Hey class of 2017, how are those clinicals working out for you?

A word to those who will be starting in May 2017, as soon as possible you should remove Renee from your class' facebook page, or create your own class page. She's rather sneaky and I wouldn't trust her as far as I could throw her.

Stressful in a different way than didactic year for sure, but better in a way....There's a light at the end of the tunnel now.

I second the decision to remove Renee once your group is established.

I also interviewed the 14th but have already accepted another offer. Overall I thought the campus and facility was nice, Renee seemed friendly, but the rest of the faculty gave me a bad impression and when I asked questions about the program during my interview they had nothing positive to say about their own program and basically told me they weren't there to convince me to choose their program. The lady that did the group interview was wonderful though but my overall impression of the faculty was less than stellar. There was a large group of students there about to take a test and a few of them talked to us and the vibe I got from them was very positive and reassuring.

received an interview invite for Jan. 6 today. I am already accepted to a program that starts in january but nova's programs are my top choice. Is this interview just for the waitlist/ does anyone know if i could possibly move my interview up?

Congrats on the interview! When were you verified if you don't mind me asking?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

received an interview invite for Jan. 6 today. I am already accepted to a program that starts in january but nova's programs are my top choice. Is this interview just for the waitlist/ does anyone know if i could possibly move my interview up?

There are always people who interview later who get in. Check the interview schedule daily to see if anyone cancelled to try to move your date up. 

Archived