• ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By AnonnM
      Looking for some advice- I plan on applying the 2021 cycle but I’m a bit neurotic and really just need to plan out everything ahead of time.
      My cgpa and sgpa will both be around a 3.25 (currently taking post bacc classes) if I continue with an upwards trend. I should have around 2000-3000 PCE by the time I apply, I’m currently an ER scribe, volunteer EMT.
      I have about 30 PA shadowing hours but I work with a lot more pa’s in the ER now so I’ll be shadowing them; I've done some other pce work like PT aid, I also went on a medical mission trip to Nicaragua through Global Medical Brigades and worked in a community health clinic. 
      Will also be taking the GRE soon.
      I guess I’m just very afraid of getting denied, idk if I should continue to take classes at cc and boost my gpa even more (super hard bc I messed up my first two years of college) or should I do a masters? My gpa is holding me back a lot, I am trying to shine in other aspects of my app but I’m a bit lost and I just know that I want to be a PA more than anything. Are there any specific schools any of you would recommend looking more into? Anything else I can do to better my chances/ app? If you have any insight please lmk!!
    • By hy0914
      Hello All pre-PA students! We know how difficult the application process for PA school can be, and we are hoping to make it just a little easier. 
      Loma Linda University is holding their 3rd annula pre-PA conference to help prospective students learn more about the profession, application process, and our program. 
      Spend the day with Faculty, local PAs, alumni, and current students! Our main speaker for this event is Tony Adkins PA-C or more popularly known as the "dancing doc".  We will be hosting ultrasound and intubation skills labs as well as several information sessions pertaining to writing your personal statement, how to ace the interview, general Q&A, and profession information.  The goal is to show you how to become a competitive applicant!
      DON'T MISS THIS AMAZING OPPORTUNITY TO LEARN ABOUT APPLYING TO PA SCHOOL!
      LLU PA Program Admission Representatives will be in attendance. Past attendees have been accepted to LLU's PA program. Refreshments will be provided, and there will also be raffle prizes given away every hour! 
      Visit our eventbrite page for additional information and tickets! 
      https://www.eventbrite.com/e/llus-3rd-annual-pre-pa-conference-registration-85925681025
    • By hy0914
      DON'T MISS THIS AMAZING OPPORTUNITY TO LEARN ABOUT APPLYING TO PA SCHOOL!
      Greetings Future PA! You are invited to the 3rd Annual Pre-PA Conference at Loma Linda University! Spend the afternoon with Faculty, PAs, and the Classes of 2020 & 2021 for workshops, ultrasound & intubation skills labs, and information sessions designed to guide your path to becoming a Physician Assistant. Come learn more about this profession and let us show you how to create a competitive application for PA school!

LLU PA Program Admissions Representatives will be in attendance! Past attendees have been accepted to LLU's PA program. Lunch is complimentary and we will also be giving away prizes

Visit our eventbrite page for additional information and tickets! 
      https://www.eventbrite.com/e/llus-3rd-annual-pre-pa-conference-registration-85925681025

• By knealon99
      I'm currently a junior in college and have decided to switch career paths from a dietitian to a PA. I don't have any PCE hours (except for some volunteer EMS hours in high school) so I am wondering the timeline for how I would apply to PA school if I took a gap year. I am a college athlete so I can only obtain very minimal HCE hours during the academic year and thus plan on taking a gap year to work as a PT aide and volunteer EMT. From what I have researched most PA school applications open up in June for the program to start the following year, and there is no way I could get the minimum amount of hours before applying. If I take a gap year after my senior year, then apply to school, this would mean waiting two years to begin school. Is it possible to complete PCE hours after applying, or do you think it would be a better idea to strengthen my application through two years of experience as an EMT & PT aide. Thanks in advance!

• By ac2888
      I am currently an undergraduate and I am looking to apply next cycle 2020-2021. I have a list of schools I want to apply to that have pretty late application dates so I could get in as many health care hours as possible before application. I am planning to have ~1000 hours by application and ~2000 prior to matriculation. My GPA and GRE are very high. I have volunteer, leadership, shadowing, and research experience. My question is for schools that do not have a 1000+ hour requirement would it be more beneficial to apply a few months earlier or to wait until I hit the 1000 hour benchmark. Will it make much of a difference? Is it better to apply early because of rolling decisions or try to get as many hours before application?

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More