Application cycle 2016 - 2017

Not necessarily! I'm a high school student, and everyone I've talked to so far who has been notified has been a high school student. From what I know, no transfers have heard anything. I think it was because only 35 high school students were invited to interview, whereas from what I was told (by an admissions counselor) there were 80+ transfers invited to interview. And they accept 20 from each group, meaning it was a lot easier to narrow down the high schoolers. Keep your hopes up! 

I'm a transfer student. I was interviewed on Nov 5, 12 noon group. I received my acceptance in mail on Friday. The letter was written on 12/20/2016. The big white envelop with "You are in" written on it contains a red folder, which contains an admission letter, welcome booklet, immunization form and one other form.

I'm so happy, though I still have another interview with another program in KY in Jan.

I wish those still waiting best of luck!

I'm a transfer student. I was interviewed on Nov 5, 12 noon group. I received my acceptance in mail on Friday. The letter was written on 12/20/2016. The big white envelop with "You are in" written on it contains a red folder, which contains an admission letter, welcome booklet, immunization form and one other form.

I'm so happy, though I still have another interview with another program in KY in Jan.

I wish those still waiting best of luck!

Congrats on your acceptance! If you get into the KY program, which one do you think you will attend?

Congrats on your acceptance! If you get into the KY program, which one do you think you will attend?

I still haven't seen reason why I have to attend the KY interview. I live in NY where DYC is, If I'm able to transfer most of my credits, I think I would only have to spend 3 years at DYC. So, I prefer going with DYC.

Morning girl I think you have a good chance. A lot of people who apply to dyouville may choose other schools if they get into a 2 year program! The students that were in the program were telling us to take a 2 year program if we could because there is little guarantee that the program can be shortened even with transfer credits! Keep your hopes up! Also- I'm not great at using this, so I just quoted your post without responding- sorry!

Morning girl I think you have a good chance. A lot of people who apply to dyouville may choose other schools if they get into a 2 year program! The students that were in the program were telling us to take a 2 year program if we could because there is little guarantee that the program can be shortened even with transfer credits! Keep your hopes up! Also- I'm not great at using this, so I just quoted your post without responding- sorry!

• 3 weeks later...

Hey everyone! I'm looking at getting a two bedroom apartment at Collegiate Village (http://www.collegiatevillagewny.com/), and I'm looking for someone to share it with. I'm looking for a female who likes a clean place, isn't into drugs or alcohol (occasional drinking doesn't bother me, just not a wasted and puking mess), and not much of a partier (at least not at what would be our place--why would I care what you do at other people's places). Due to the intensity of the program, I would like the apartment to be a place where productive studying alone or in groups can be done and where we can sleep without disruption. Message me if you're interested:)

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I know this sub has been dead for a while, but yesterday I got an interview offer to start Fall 2017, and I applied for the fall 2018 cycle - I guess they're bumping people up. I was just wondering if anyone was able to transfer their undergraduate credits over to shorten the program length from 4.5 years to 3.5. I spoke with a transfer admissions counselor, and she told me that I could transfer most of my credits, but then I got a different answer from someone else, so I wanted to know if anyone else had any luck. 

I know this sub has been dead for a while, but yesterday I got an interview offer to start Fall 2017, and I applied for the fall 2018 cycle - I guess they're bumping people up. I was just wondering if anyone was able to transfer their undergraduate credits over to shorten the program length from 4.5 years to 3.5. I spoke with a transfer admissions counselor, and she told me that I could transfer most of my credits, but then I got a different answer from someone else, so I wanted to know if anyone else had any luck. 

I think you got a wrong email. Probably someone didn't edit the 2016 cycle email before sending it to you. DYC conducts 3 or 4 interviews until Jan/Feb the following year. I'm sure all the available seats for the 2016 application cycle would have been filled by those on waiting list. Call the department directly to clarify this for you. About transfer, yes, they do. I applied during 2016 cycle, after my transfer was done, my new starting date is Jan 2018 instead of Aug 2017 and I would finish in 2020 instead of 2021.

I called the number they gave me and clarified - apparently they moved people up and are now filling more 2017 seats than they originally thought. She even said that if I don't get in for fall 2017 I'm still in the running for fall 2018. I was confused too, but my interview is July 6!

I called the number they gave me and clarified - apparently they moved people up and are now filling more 2017 seats than they originally thought. She even said that if I don't get in for fall 2017 I'm still in the running for fall 2018. I was confused too, but my interview is July 6!

Don't be confused then. That's good news for you. From what you're saying, it seems like they usually fill their seats by moving accepted applicants from last cycle up (like my own case), then fill in any vacant seats with some from the new cycle (from first interview) to start with those that weren't moved up. Well, save this opportunity and go for fall 2017, though you may not have ample time to prepare before classes begin.

• 8 months later...

Archived