2016-2017 GWU Application Thread

Guest GoyaHoya69

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congrats all! The wait between the call and the follow up email was nerve-wracking. "Did I just hallucinate that conversation in a haze of anxiety and stress?!?" I still have my voicemail from Erin saved asking me to call her back lol.

Don't know if you guys have started a Facebook group yet but PM me a link when you do and I'd be happy to keep answering questions/starting to get to know all of you! :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello all,

Happy to see a GWU online community on these forums. I guess we can get a FB group formed down the line!

My name is Drew and I'm entering the PA/MPH program this May. Had a great experience during my interview weekend and was stunned to her from Dr. Wright before the holidays! Will never forget the feeling. 

I will be moving into the DC area in about a month or so. Leaving my paramedic job in Richmond, VA is bittersweet, but I'm pumped to start this journey. Good luck to all of those still waiting!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
Guest Scott1234

So this is my first year applying to PA programs, and I have been fortunate enough to have been offered an interview on Sept. 23rd. I understand that GWU's PA program utilizes the MMI format to interview applicants, which can be difficult to prepare for. But do any of the applicants from the previous cycle (those who have interviewed) have any advice on how to prepare for the MMI at GWU or insight to the type of questions that are asked or scenarios that are presented? Thanks in advance!

On 9/6/2017 at 11:19 PM, BSC7718 said:

So this is my first year applying to PA programs, and I have been fortunate enough to have been offered an interview on Sept. 23rd. I understand that GWU's PA program utilizes the MMI format to interview applicants, which can be difficult to prepare for. But do any of the applicants from the previous cycle (those who have interviewed) have any advice on how to prepare for the MMI at GWU or insight to the type of questions that are asked or scenarios that are presented? Thanks in advance!

Scenarios changes each year and different types of scenarios are presented. It could range from "interpret this table" to "what would you do in this scenario." Therefore I don't think you can really prep for it beyond just practicing general interview skills and getting your confidence up. 

Archived