South College 2017 Start

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wanted to let you all know, there is NOT a MAY interview this cycle. To compensate for this, there are TWO April interviews. ARC-PA is coming to our program in May plus some other scheduling conflicts.

Thanks for letting us know!

Do you know if all of the remaining interview invites have been sent out already?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for letting us know!

Do you know if all of the remaining interview invites have been sent out already?

The majority are probably sent out, but there have been invites sent up to a week/days before an interview because of last minute cancellations. There's a guy in our class who got an invite 3 days before the interview - obviously he got in. 

for those last minute ones, Deborah will probably call - so don't ignore a TN area code phone number, she might be running down a list and if you didn't answer then no invite for you lol

So, just wanted to let you all know...

I got an interview invite via email this morning! I'm super surprised, I actually opened the email thinking "Oh cool, I finally got my rejection notice from South..." hahaha. I had applied back in September, so for those of you in the same boat, there is totally still hope!

My interview is scheduled for April 28th. Aaaand I will be respectfully declining, as I was already accepted into a program that is closer to home and will be starting end of May! 

Good luck to everyone else waiting for an interview, and I'm glad that my decline will at least potentially open up another slot for one of you!

Best wishes!

So, just wanted to let you all know...

I got an interview invite via email this morning! I'm super surprised, I actually opened the email thinking "Oh cool, I finally got my rejection notice from South..." hahaha. I had applied back in September, so for those of you in the same boat, there is totally still hope!

My interview is scheduled for April 28th. Aaaand I will be respectfully declining, as I was already accepted into a program that is closer to home and will be starting end of May!

Good luck to everyone else waiting for an interview, and I'm glad that my decline will at least potentially open up another slot for one of you!

Best wishes!

Thanks for letting us know and congrats on already being accepted to another program. I've been patiently waiting for my rejection email as well.

Would you mind sharing what your GPA/GRE/HCE were when you applied?

cGPA: 3.25

sGPA: 3.42

GRE: 154-Verbal, 150-Quant, 4.5-Writing

PCE: About 13,000 hours (7 years-ish), as a medical social worker.

I also shadowed three different PAs (in different specialities), as well as a family medicine DO. 

I had about 100 hours of hospital volunteer work. 

Thanks for the congrats, and don't give up hope!

Thanks for letting us know and congrats on already being accepted to another program. I've been patiently waiting for my rejection email as well.

Would you mind sharing what your GPA/GRE/HCE were when you applied?

The majority are probably sent out, but there have been invites sent up to a week/days before an interview because of last minute cancellations. There's a guy in our class who got an invite 3 days before the interview - obviously he got in.

for those last minute ones, Deborah will probably call - so don't ignore a TN area code phone number, she might be running down a list and if you didn't answer then no invite for you lol

Do they send out a rejection email if you did not get in or do they just not send you anything? Thank you!

Congrats on receiving an interview!

Would you mind sharing your stats? Was this your first time applying to PA school?

Thank you! Yes, this was my first time applying to PA school!

GPA: 4.0

GRE: 299 combined, 4.0 writing

Patient care hours: 640

Shadowing: around 800 hours and volunteer hours as well

Good luck to you!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Does anyone know if interviews are for sure over, and how many open spots there are-if any?

My understanding is that the interviews are over and after the last interview, they did not fill the class and they will start working from the wait-listed people.  Hope that is what you wanted to know.

Well guess we have no other options than to reapply. For those that are reapplying, I will be creating a new page. As much as I can express disappointment of not getting an interview, let us all keep going toward our goal. I will personally be reapplying by the middle of this month.

• 2 months later...

I applied to PA school twice and thankfully got in my second try. I applied to LMU and South College each time, along with a few others. I interviewed at LMU the first year and was waitlisted. Heard nothing from South College until the class was full. My second year applying, I was accepted into LMU and again heard nothing from South College. Our class has 96 students, of which a majority chose LMU over South :D The program at LMU is amazing and I encourage anyone who was not accepted this year to apply to LMU. I promise you will not be disappointed! Best of luck!

Archived